• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Random Belt Slip

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
For some reason this year I am experiencing random events where the clutches completely slip. There must be water getting on the faces somehow. It has happened sidehilling, carving, driving straight and even one time when I hit a bump on the trail. There are no weird noises just the engine flares for a few seconds until it grabs again. I never had this happen last year and the only difference is the addition of a Bikeman pipe. Anyone have any ideas?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Have you re-torqued your primary bolt? Its possible the clutch could be slipping on the crank. If its been happening all year, its not likely, but possible.

Another thought is snow getting onto the pipe and causing steam, or water to get to the clutches. Maybe thats not an issue with the stock pipe. Just an idea.

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
I had similar issues last year on my 163 2016 Axys, instantly lose 400 RPM on a side hill and have to turn out, or let off the throttle for a second and then recover. Spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I did note a lot of wear on my track from the high faxes cutting into the 2,6 track. I tried to get Polaris to warren-tee the track due to the excessive wear on the un clipped window / lug, they declined my claim as they stated it is preforming as designed and the wear will not affect performance or durability, I call BS.

Polaris stated the 2,6 inch tracks act as a flex edge as they do not have the outer nubs as do the 2.4 or 3 inch track so therefore expect the wear and enjoy the weight loss. Not sure if the lack of the reinforcement provided by the outer rubber nub / guides added friction caused my sled to fall on its face or not, it is suspect. I did clip the track after Polaris told me to take a hike on the track issue, cant help but think less friction will help. Plastic Hi faxes against rubber seems illogical thus causing undo friction, so steel to UHMW makes more sense to me, doesn't take an Engineer to figure that one out.

Wednesday I rode in 4 feet plus of pow, not one issue, I was pleased, another ride or two should tell the story. I did note the new clips were nice & shinny just like the original ones from the ride. Has anyone thought much about the loss of performance due to the added friction and the factory track clip that they threw away to lighten up this sled ?

Merry Christmas to all and may God bless us all with a Ton of new Pow !

Spencer

Premium Features