• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installed zbroz 36. I have a question about it

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
I installed a 36 zbroz kit on my 18 axys. I was told that It will ride like crap unless I move the front skid down to the lower hole. On my 18 I see I dont have that option unless I drill it out. I was also told if I drill it out and drop it to the lower hole that I'll need a anti stab kit. I did notice the track is not fully sitting on the ground in the front because of this change with the a-arms. What have you guys done before? Do i need to drill out the lower hole and install a anti stab kit? I leave for Togwotee in 5 days and dont want this trip to suck.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
With the skid left in the stock location the plastic bumpers on the front tip of the rails are VERY worn on my 16, so i wouldnt think about dropping the skid to the lower spot without an anti stab kit.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I used your same setup and there are no issues except the Spindle interference . ( Just grind it )

I have an assualt so it has both holes .. I run it in the top hole and do have some front track clearance but every sled does . The proper way to fix it is to use the PRO spindles and everything will be OK

But to tell you the truth I see more Camber issues with the Frontend so high than any track issues ! But I'm more concerned with snow clearance

I can rip through the whoops at WOT and have no issues doing so except my old body can't keep up like it did in the 90s

Last edited:
S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
If it was me, I would definitely leave it in the upper position and just ride it first. Transfer is what makes the AXYS shine. If it rides like crap on the trail but kicks *** in the deep and steep than all is good. Good luck!

R

Roostmonkey

Oct 16, 2013
Those a arm's require a shorter than stock shock length. I had mine shortened .375".and have no issues.

Premium Features