• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

550 cv tech clutch

P

Polaris 101

Nov 30, 2014
Hi I bought my son a super low mile 14 550 144 the other day. He will be making his first trip with plus out west in a few weeks (he just turned 10). Anyone know anything on these cv tech clutches? I will need to lighten up the primary some for elevation. I do have the manual so i should beable to get it close. I have about every polaris clutch puller but see these take a different so I'll have to order one unless I can just pull movable sheve off like a quick change? Never had one off or apart so any help on what i might need would be great thanks

recreationist

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Laramie, WY

rx1t

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2009
had my son on one of those for a few years. Upgraded him to an 800. I had a GGB exhaust can on it , not the loud one. Saved a lot of weight and sounded great! I still have it if you interested, maybe a 100 miles on it

C
Oct 29, 2008
To the OP I’d like to jump in on this if I could. I was going to make the same post pretty much.
I am looking to do some clutching to my Son’s 550 144” skid
Question I have is what P85 Clutches fit on these newer INDY 550s?
Thanks
I also have no experience with these CV tech clutches so wouldn’t mind putting a P85 on and making some changes. Anyone do any secondary changes to these as well?
We are Flat land riders and ride trails and powder playing in the cut lines. Looking for getting some more performance from the machine.

EDIT: here’s his sled. I bought it New as a 121” in 2015. Then I bought my 2017 SBA and he had to have an Assault like Dad.
I had a 1.352” cobra track so we bought the tunnell and rail Extension kit. He paid for half the extension kit and spent lots of time in the garage helping me.

228EA370-7406-4464-ACD4-3D74B55228A8.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features