• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP.... Stator testing

K
hey guys thinking my stator is bad as i have a turbo and have my headlight deleted for a couple years. want to test my stator out and dont have a manual... does anyone happen to have the voltage/ ohms that everything is suppose to be.

thnaks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
With as low of ohm rating as you are testing... You will need a VERY good quality meter... and zero it out before testing...

Most meters are not accurate enough to do the test accurately.

Have you checked the stator plug for melting?

What is not working on your sled?

Where are your accessories plugged into exactly?

K
With as low of ohm rating as you are testing... You will need a VERY good quality meter... and zero it out before testing...

Most meters are not accurate enough to do the test accurately.

Have you checked the stator plug for melting?

What is not working on your sled?

Where are your accessories plugged into exactly?

The DC voltage is reading to low. I am running an air/fuel gauge, dobeck controller, and an LED light off the dc side. I’ve changed the voltage ragulator out with 3 different ones and have swapped the capacitor and is still doing the same thing so thought I would yes the stator before putting a bunch of money into other places

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you can run a 2 amp fuse to these loads without blowing it (one fuse for all loads combined through the same fuse) ... I'd say you are ok.

Check the stator connector to the main harness for melting or corrosion.

The DC voltage is reading to low. I am running an air/fuel gauge, dobeck controller, and an LED light off the dc side. I’ve changed the voltage ragulator out with 3 different ones and have swapped the capacitor and is still doing the same thing so thought I would yes the stator before putting a bunch of money into other places

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
In addition to Mountainhorse's recommendations, have you verified with a quality volt meter the actual voltages taken at the Voltage Regulator?

Also, 2011's were notoriously common for this issue (low voltage) and the culprit often ended up being a fuel pump drawing too much current and pulling down DC voltage.

You are not running a headlight correct?

I'm having electrical issues with my 2012 SBA with the dash going out intermittently, but only at idle. It stays on no problem with a little bit of throttle. Sometimes it stays on while idling. The stator seems to ohm out within the specs and I checked and set the TPS sensor. My question is what voltage should I be getting at idle from the 3 power coils coming from the stator?

Premium Features