• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor setup tips

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Installed new Raptors on my 163 and had a few questions.
How much do u adjust spring and clickers if u don't run a sway bar and is it better to one way vs the other.

Also how much do u a just the rear suspension running a turbo to help with excessive ski lift?

I'm 195 with gear mostly backcountry boondocking but ride hard. Running 5lbs Silber

Or is the initial setup right on? Don't get much time to ride so would like to get it close before it hits the snow.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
I would call and talk to the people at raptor. They have been very helpful for me. I don't know if you went with just Raptor shocks or if you got a k mod rear skid, if you got the k mod rear skid I would call Kmod he really knows how to set up the skid.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Did you buy them new or used? Call and talk to Jake he can point you in right direction. How you ride what you and your sled weights are when riding. I have 2500 miles on mine they are totally great when you get them setup for you personally. Trails with big holes just hit the gas and top them.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
They are brand new on stock rear skid. I sent an email with direct questions but the answers back were vague . I will call and see if that works better .

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The general set up is fairly well, did you get the quick cam on the rear shock? If not you may need to tighten rear spring up a bit to keep skis down. And or turn up compression.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
They are brand new on stock rear skid. I sent an email with direct questions but the answers back were vague . I will call and see if that works better .

This seems typical of raptor, answers in short replys and dont answer the full question. Frustrating at the least.
Im still waiting to hear back from a email i sent a mth ago.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
This seems typical of raptor, answers in short replys and dont answer the full question. Frustrating at the least.

Crazy.......

I've had nothing but exceptional service from Jake at Raptor. He's always answered questions and been very helpful, all I can say is give him another shout.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I think they are light-manned. Sometimes they can be tough to get ahold of but when you do at the right time Jake will do whatever it takes to get you taken care of. Id just call them up and see what he says.

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011

Sorry to hear you've been waiting that long. Emails do sometimes slip through the cracks mid season like this and will get missed from time to time. PM me or re-send the last email to info@raptorshocks.com and I will get you answered tonight.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Crazy.......

I've had nothing but exceptional service from Jake at Raptor. He's always answered questions and been very helpful, all I can say is give him another shout.

Me to they were great to work with I would give my turbo up before my raptors.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I called last week,Jake answered the phone and was very helpful with everything. Probably like myself and would rather explain over the phone instead of email. Lol.
Yes I do have the quick cam. We finally got some snow to drive around in,needed th add a couple clicks in the front shocks but basically riding on dirt.?

Premium Features