• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebars

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Was wondering if anyone is using aftermarket bars on thier axys? I sometimes have a problem reaching to the right throttle while on the left boards, i feel as my arms are to short or the bars are to wide. Has others experienced this, if so what did you do to fix the issue?
I see dan adams sell bars with a 12 deg sweep, has anyone tried those? Please share your thoughts .

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Move all control's in as close as possible, and cut off 3/4" on both sides of the bars.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I had the same trouble with the stock bars, the Adams fly bars are narrower and bent slightly different. They were MUCH better for me, they made me more comfortable especially in an off camber situation. That being said if you have to trail ride a long ways to the good stuff, they feel awkward to me when sitting down to get out of the wind. I won’t give mine up, I ride better with them. One guy in our group cut his pro taper bars down and that worked great for him but he is 6’2”. I think it’s just whatever makes you feel comfortable, if you narrow your stock bars and don’t like them you can always buy the fly bars later.

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Second on the NXT LVL Fly bars. I've had them on the last two sleds and really like them! I also trim off about 3/8" on each end and narrow them up a bit more.

Premium Features