• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension Set Up

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I went a few turns past hand tight with the 160lb spring. I would start at hand tight and ride it to see if that works for you, or tighten it up if you want to take off a little more ski pressure.

I have my skid in the lowest hole in the front and the middle in the rear. I have been thinking about moving it up or down in the rear to see if I like how it handles. We got into some good snow last year and it was trenching more than I would have liked so some adjustments might be in order.

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I had the same thought, let me know how it works out. I remember my sled climbing great while stock, but it was harder to hold a sidehill.

I might just swap springs depending on snow conditions, but an air shock would be a lot easier. Just adjust the pressure and you would be off to the races!

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I might just swap springs depending on snow conditions, but an air shock would be a lot easier. Just adjust the pressure and you would be off to the races!

That's what I did and it made it easier/quicker to adjust for different snow and riding conditions.

For soft powder I usually ran around 40-45 psi in the front skid shock. At that pressure it didn't trench as much, however it didn't ride as well on the rough trail ride back to the truck.
If the trail ride into or out of the mountains was rough, I would pump it up to around 55 psi for a smoother ride.

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
So I did a little research and watched some videos on proper suspension setup and I think the next time I head out I'm going to loosen up the 160 spring, and put the back of the skid in the upper hole. That should transfer some weight to the skid which in theory will make it easier to steer and pull up on a ski. I suspect that it will make the sled trench more with putting more weight on the center shock, but increasing PSI in the rear shock might even things out. If it trenches like crazy then I'll drop the 110lb spring back in and see how that works. A 135lb spring that splits the difference may be a good option as well.

G
Dec 30, 2012
Spruce Grove, Alberta
I was thinking about that SLP adjustable limiter strap. You could let out more strap if you wanted less ski pressure. The IceAge ProMotion made a difference in how it reacts. Haven't had a chance to ride any powder yet.

Premium Features