• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 153 Trenching

T
Nov 30, 2007
What are some other options to help this problem? I have already loosed the limiter as much as possible, loosend up the back skid as far as I want to go. Haven't played with the front skid much.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
What are some other options to help this problem? I have already loosed the limiter as much as possible, loosend up the back skid as far as I want to go. Haven't played with the front skid much.

Tighten the limiter and tighten the rear....you are settup the opposite of what you want to prevent trenching.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My M7 track always trenched bad in the light snow. I agree with Mountain magic, put a new powerclaw track on it and the thing will be much better. My buddies rode with a stock M8 last year that swapped out the stock challenger for a 156 challenger extreme and it was a big difference.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
the best setup ive found is to loosen the limiter straps all the way, front spring on the rear susp. all the way soft, and the very rear springs all the way stiff. thats what worked the best for me in the pow.

B
Nov 28, 2007
chehalis wa
i went with the timbersled rear susp. man what a difference. loose wieght and a whole lot better ride. coupled rear susp. does not trench as much. rides better on trail and climbs better. saves about 20 lbs over stock on the early model sleds and not a bad price for a rear susp. set up.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV

What track is on it?
If you've got an A20 in hillclimb it will trench like a ditch witch.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Winter Brew hit the nail on the head. Try the limiter tightened on the same day in the same soft snow and it will climb on top much better.

M
Nov 27, 2007
bonney lake
the best setup ive found is to loosen the limiter straps all the way, front spring on the rear susp. all the way soft, and the very rear springs all the way stiff. thats what worked the best for me in the pow.

i ran this same way for a little while. i could not stand it i trenched all day switched to what winterbrew said. made a huge difference. the next day i went back to the original way and it did the same thing (trench) switched back on the hill and it is still there. worked for me may not for everyone.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
by tightening the limiter strap, you lower attack angle, allowing the sled to ride up on the snow more, the way you were doing it, it takes more weight off the skis, and rocks all your weight back, causing it to trench, suck limiter in, soften the front shock, and rear on a medium setting, just enough to keep your weight up

Premium Features