• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox rear shocks setup

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Hey Guys ! I just got my hands on this kit for the rear track :

https://www.ski-doo.com/ca/shop/Acc...-float-3-evol-r-center--15-zero-qs3-rear.html

I had a REALLY good deal on it so couldn't really pass it up. I'm sort of a newbie on suspension settings though and the kit didn't have any booklet or instructions with it .....

Anyone have anything available ? I'm around 250 pounds with gear on and looking to set them up !

What sled? What track length? What paddle size? Where do you ride? What are you looking for? Are these direct from Fox? What limiter setting?

I can tell you right off the bat I'd go to a stiffer rear torsion bar. Preload does not effect spring rate, just where on the rate the line starts. I know for me there is no way I could get the stock torsion bars to work for my application.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I like the front shock soft in the main,50lbs then 100 in the evol. If it bottoms out a LOT add air to the evol. Set the evol first. Try 2 for the comp setting first, 11 from full soft rebound in the rear track shock. 4 On the torsion spring.

M
Nov 7, 2011
What sled? What track length? What paddle size? Where do you ride? What are you looking for? Are these direct from Fox? What limiter setting?

I can tell you right off the bat I'd go to a stiffer rear torsion bar. Preload does not effect spring rate, just where on the rate the line starts. I know for me there is no way I could get the stock torsion bars to work for my application.

What sled? ... 2018 Summit X 165''x3''

Where do you ride? ... I ride eastern Canada ( Monts Valins ) so basically between 20-30km of trails to get to hydro lines / areas that were recently cut down. Elevation is 1500-2500'

What are you looking for? ... I have no problem whatsoever riding the Gen4 châssis so I'm looking for a way to possibly have a bit more ski pressure on the trail.

Are these direct from Fox? ... Sold through BRP but I'm guessing they buy them direct from Fox ???

What limiter setting? ... Factory is 3 and mine is at 4 to bring the nose down a bit.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
What sled? ... 2018 Summit X 165''x3''

Where do you ride? ... I ride eastern Canada ( Monts Valins ) so basically between 20-30km of trails to get to hydro lines / areas that were recently cut down. Elevation is 1500-2500'

What are you looking for? ... I have no problem whatsoever riding the Gen4 châssis so I'm looking for a way to possibly have a bit more ski pressure on the trail.

Are these direct from Fox? ... Sold through BRP but I'm guessing they buy them direct from Fox ???

What limiter setting? ... Factory is 3 and mine is at 4 to bring the nose down a bit.

Okay...

1) Keep your limiter where it is
2) Run ~60 psi in your main chamber of your front track shock, 120ish in the evol
3) Preload in the "4" position on the torsion bars
4) Run the QSR in the 1 position for trail, 2 for most mountain riding, 3 for when you really are trying to keep your front end down in an on/off throttle situation (technical trees for instance)

One thing to keep in mind, if you install the FTS deflated and then air it up with your limiter attached, you are getting a false reading being the shock is part way compressed. EG: 60psi in limiter two will read something like 50 psi in limiter 3.

In the end, I'd wager you'll like the package, but you'd love it if you'd go to the heavier torsion bars and then bring the limiter back to position three with less air pressure in the FTS...

My $0.02 (and i've been testing this setup along with a few others a lot!)

M
Nov 7, 2011
Okay...

1) Keep your limiter where it is
2) Run ~60 psi in your main chamber of your front track shock, 120ish in the evol
3) Preload in the "4" position on the torsion bars
4) Run the QSR in the 1 position for trail, 2 for most mountain riding, 3 for when you really are trying to keep your front end down in an on/off throttle situation (technical trees for instance)

One thing to keep in mind, if you install the FTS deflated and then air it up with your limiter attached, you are getting a false reading being the shock is part way compressed. EG: 60psi in limiter two will read something like 50 psi in limiter 3.

In the end, I'd wager you'll like the package, but you'd love it if you'd go to the heavier torsion bars and then bring the limiter back to position three with less air pressure in the FTS...

My $0.02 (and i've been testing this setup along with a few others a lot!)

Thanks a LOT for the input ! I will most definitely try all of this out !

M
Nov 7, 2011
Finally had the time to try your suggested setup !

Worked real good !!! Still some adjustments to make but was definetly a whole lot better !

Thanks a lot for the input it's really appreciated !!!

Premium Features