• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled advice?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
In the west 12's are priced 5-6k.

I concur with that; I was just digging through Craigslist yesterday, and over half the 12-13s were between 5 and 6K, just one 600 for less than 5.

Definitely something is wrong if it's really 62 PSI, but if it's running well then either the gauge or the method used to check it is off. If it needs major work, even if it's under warranty, it's not worth the hassle unless it's a great deal and you don't mind not riding until next season. I'd say good call sticking with what you've got; off season is the time to find deals on sleds.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I concur with that; I was just digging through Craigslist yesterday, and over half the 12-13s were between 5 and 6K, just one 600 for less than 5.

Definitely something is wrong if it's really 62 PSI, but if it's running well then either the gauge or the method used to check it is off. If it needs major work, even if it's under warranty, it's not worth the hassle unless it's a great deal and you don't mind not riding until next season. I'd say good call sticking with what you've got; off season is the time to find deals on sleds.

Those prices are insane.
Hopefully nobody pays that much......
A brand new 2014 163 holdover with 1 year warranty is 7k out the door.

I stand by the 3 k value for a 2012 with that mileage.

A

Alaskanparret

Nov 25, 2011
Those prices are insane.

Hopefully nobody pays that much......

A brand new 2014 163 holdover with 1 year warranty is 7k out the door.

I stand by the 3 k value for a 2012 with that mileage.

I feel the Alaska market is flooded with rmk’s however. Not hard to pick one up for $4500 up here. Heck there have been some axys sled going for $6500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Haven't talked to anyone who's bought one recently, but the prices seem pretty consistent in that range, so I can't imagine it's significantly less than that. Different markets, but it does seem like mountain sleds are about the only thing people are buying around here. If I could get a holdover sled for $7k, I'd definitely skip a used one for $5k, but the cheapest sled I see at the local stealership is an '18 800/155 for $11.25k. Generally speaking, I'd say half that price for a 5-year-old previous-gen sled is reasonable, but it just depends on the market. Some areas people only wants the newest stuff (seemed that way in NW WA when I lived there), and used sleds are dirt cheap; some places people are more inclined to run their sleds into the ground, and anything with some life in it will bring decent money.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Purchase an Axys and never look back! An Axys is to a Pro is like a Pro is to a Dragon... That much better!

Premium Features