• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Mounted Ice Scratchers

T

Toyotajoe

Dec 12, 2016
NL, Canada
Due to less than ideal snow conditions thus far, I would like to add an additional pair of ice scratchers to my Mtn Cat. Currently I’m running the OEM Cat scratchers on the rear skid.

Does anyone have any experience with scratchers mounted on the skis or A arms?

Thanks

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
My brother is running ski scratchers in his doo with a 3" track. We put on oem cat scratches on his skis. Works great. They do come unhooked the odd time while riding if a tree or something catches them. But the ones mounted on the rails can also. As far as cooling it works way better than on the skid. He uses just the skis most of the time. Not sure how they would mount on Arctic Cat or aftermarket skis tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
There is one company making ski specific scratchers that use the ski mounting bolt. My brother ran them last year, if u leave them up all the time it twists the skis eventually. So best to let them down over summer. He ended up braking those ones by backing up tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have always wanted to make ski mounted ice scratchers. I wanted them years ago when no one made them. I think they make a lot of sense. I will watch this thread and will probably try what you guys suggest.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I've had a couple sets of ski mounted scratchers.
1st set was on my 04 edge, they were mounted with a longer spindle bolt, worked very well untill my Girlfriend rode the sled. Reverse kills them quick.

2nd set was on my 14 cat. These bolted through the plastic ski. Ski deformed quickly so the scratcher was really useless. Just flopping around.

Make sure to mount it with the spindle bolt.

Mountain Cat

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
a cheap trick we used to use is drill a small hole at tail of ski and put a small bolt through. about 2" long, put it in from underneath so head drags and use a nyloc nut up top, just get it past the nylon and let the bolt hang. bring pliers :)

Last edited:
G
Jan 2, 2008
N. Idaho/N. Cal
My wife found some that bolt through the ski tail. about 3" wide and swivel when you back up. Pain to take off and put on to keep from scratching the deck or trailer, but work really well on the 15 pro climb, no more hearting problems.

Premium Features