• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro lightweight rear suspension sag

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Hey guys, is there anyone else that has the Yamaha lightweight rear suspension on their nytro that keeps sagging? I weigh about 200 plus gear and I can put about 160 psi in the rear shock and it still sags and bottoms out really bad. Is there any solution to this? Some other adjustments that I dont know about?

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Hey guys, is there anyone else that has the Yamaha lightweight rear suspension on their nytro that keeps sagging? I weigh about 200 plus gear and I can put about 160 psi in the rear shock and it still sags and bottoms out really bad. Is there any solution to this? Some other adjustments that I dont know about?
FOX?

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL

Try putting the pump on there after you've ridden for a bit. I bet it isnt holding 160pounds anymore.

If you pump it up in the garage once it goes in the cold air it'll loose pressure.

My M8 would loose 15-20 pounds of pressure during the Day.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana

Mine did the same. I even pumped it up to 200 psi with no luck. To keep it from bottoming out, I made a coupling system. It stopped the bottoming out and keeps the skis down more on climbs.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Mine did the same. I even pumped it up to 200 psi with no luck. To keep it from bottoming out, I made a coupling system. It stopped the bottoming out and keeps the skis down more on climbs.
buy raptors

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
buy raptors

Raptors are a good choice--I have them on my front. However, their not worth the investment for that piece of crap lightweight yammy/arctic cat suspension. Its best to save the money and invest in a new suspension with the Raptors.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Yeah I know what youre saying. Im not really sure what to do about the rear skid yet. Im upgrading my turbo kit next year and thats gonna run me close to 4 grand for the kit and the clutching so I dont really want to sink a lot of money in a rear skid at the moment. Maybe I will see if I can find a take-off timbersled and sell the lightweight skid I have now but I think it will stay the way it is for the rest of the season.

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
Im telling you to try nitrogen will not change with temp.and I just had four shocks revalved for my weight for 200 $ total and only down for four days thats one of the best mods to do

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Dumb question but never over look the obvious. It can save you a lot of money sometimes. you are taking readings for shock pressure with the rear skid off the ground correct?

I know that TS had an update kit for their '08 kits that basically moved the lower shock mounts for both shocks forward a little that changes the leverage angle on the shock itself which in turn stiffened up the shock by something like 20% might look into seeing if you could remount the shocks a little. It would mean drilling the rails but might be a cost effect alternative. You would have to make sure nothing bound up before you remounted the lower shock mounts obviously. on my rails the mounting holes are only about 1" forward if i can remember right from the last time i looks at the suspension. Obviously a little different suspension but the principle is the same.

Premium Features