• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eliminate TSS

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yes, there is a small white connector inside the throttle block that you can unplug. However, it's probably not a good idea. If you get snow packed in behind your throttle, when you fire the sled up it will run away from you.

I lost a great modded Mountain SRX because I jumped the TORS (same as TPS) on Cats. I was syncing my triple carbs and went to start the sled afterward but, somehow I had leaned on the throttle cable and knocked it out of it's recessed home while tightening down the lock nuts on the carb slides and when I fired it up it took off across the yard dragging me by my arm and ran into a tree at WOT, totaling the sled.

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
A friend just crashed his sled (Summit), and body (seven broken ribs, a punctured lung and more), because a stuck throttle due to ice in throttle cable so I would leave it connected. Disconnected mine last year to see if the bog went away but it didn't so I will connect it again.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Jan 22, 2011
utah
TSS bog

Ok 1st if all you guys are Awesome. Thank you for the updates so I disconnected it and see if problem still occurs or gets better. And wala it did not fail or bog at all. Plugged back inn and bog is back. So now I have to figure out how to replace it. So any ideas be great.

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Is it properly adjusted? A little play before the wire is moving when you move the throttle? If you can slide a creditcard between the throttle and throttleblock you are OK. Adjust throttlewire if the plsy is to short. On the older models the bushing in the throttle could get worn out and the play got to big/wrong but today it seems to be a whole unit. You could also tro to adjust your throttleblock, on my F7 I had it to to high (throttle inline with handlebar) and when I turned it a little down so that I pushed the throttle a little forward/upwards the bog was gone. Before adjusting it I moved the wire before the switch was affected when I pushed the throttle.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Premium Features