• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

blown engine

Buffer

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2017
finally got around to putting the engine back in and it seems to run good although we have no snow so just up on a stand.the temp is running at 154 F idling on a stand, is that too hot or because there is no snow to cool it

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
I wouldn’t let it get any hotter. Yes lack of snow and it will just keep going up. Like a outboard running out of water. I’d only run it up to 125-130 just above t-stat opening temp and shut it down. Let it completely cool down

Buffer

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks xcassault, thats kind of what i figured, it wasnt getting any warmer than that after about 3 min since reaching that temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffer

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2017
Cant beleive it we finally got some snow couple weeks ago and the engine performs real good, hopefully it lasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffer

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2017
Again no snow till beginning of feb but on a good note this engine is still holding together. Its taken a bit to get used to riding compared to my old sled but its pretty impressive to ride. Lots of power and good in the deep snow, good for sidehilling and climbing. I think i will keep this one for a couple years

Premium Features