• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trouble Shooting P0261 Code - Injector Circuit Open

S

Slednut84

Dec 23, 2014
Hey fellas - anyone have experience trouble shooting a bad injector? I've got a 2015 Pro with around 1500 miles on it with a Silber Turbo kit (which comes with larger injectors). I've got 1,000miles on the turbo kit and don't think it's the root cause. Out of the blue on my last trip out, as soon as the sled warmed up on the trail it began having a part throttle bog. The motor wouldn't completely shut off but had a heavy bog without having any power, just enough to keep the sled moving. The engine indicator came on during the bog (no DET). The bog was intermittent, sometimes i could go full throttle with full power, other times the bog would happen randomly, mostly at part throttle. I took the sled in to have it scanned and it came back with a P0261 - magneto port injector open circuit. I checked the injector harness for continuity and didn't find any issues. The plugs looked normal and the same on both sides, although I turned her around pretty quickly once the bogging started occurring.

Wondering if anyone has experience this and if it could be something other than a bad injector? The behavior seems a bit odd for a bad injector (part throttle, intermittent bogging) but what do I know... I intend to replace the injector however, would hate for it to be something else only to find out on the mountain and ruin another trip. Any help is much appreciated!

Premium Features