• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 MC steering HARD!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
after a full season last year i found it was the bellcrank bushing. would bind randomly. tightened up the bolt as much as i could and it hasnt returned

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
didn't happen to me at all last year but the winter was super mild. this year after some sledding in good snow and then a big freeze, the next time I hopped on the sled steering was super stiff. went down the trail a bit, stopped was a bit better, hit some bumps stopped and it was all good. with my '12 this also happened, I found lots of snow in the tie rod boots and in that lower steering link area. put zip ties on tie rods and put frog skins, silicon and duct tape where i figured it needed it. gonna have to do the same to the 17 mountain kitty

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Mine is insanely hard steering... Gripper skis, suspension set to work well.

I do a lot of sled skiing, and you do a lot of slow flat turning while doing that my arms get tired way before my legs.

In deep snow I've never noticed a problem. Nothing binding, no snow build up. My buddies 18 felt like it had power steering compared to mine.

Hesitant to change my suspension because it works so well how I have it set....

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Mine is insanely hard steering... Gripper skis, suspension set to work well.

I do a lot of sled skiing, and you do a lot of slow flat turning while doing that my arms get tired way before my legs.

In deep snow I've never noticed a problem. Nothing binding, no snow build up. My buddies 18 felt like it had power steering compared to mine.

Hesitant to change my suspension because it works so well how I have it set....

you must have something binding to be "insanely hard" to steer. It was that sloppy crank on the pto side (10mm) that randomly bound on mine. i think i took the hood and the rubber boot and maybe somethin else off to get at it and tighten it up to the point of rounding the head off lol
Cat needs to improve the steering bushings all around. the post bushings are shot after 1 season...

Premium Features