• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Roll-Over Valve kits are now Patented!

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Well it's been a long and educational experience, but Roll-Over Valve kits are officially a "patented item":rockon:
US patent #8,225,766 Oil Tank Breather Line Solenoid Valve or "Roll-Over Valve kits", with other patents pending.

Also new for the 2012-13 season all Four Stroke Solutions LLC ROV kits are equipped with genuine OEM Arctic Cat tether switches!

Bill

IMG_1728.jpg IMG_1729.jpg

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Price? Thanks

Sure!

Note: All Roll-Over Valve kits listed below include genuine OEM Arctic Cat tether switches (new for the 2012-13 season).

YAMAHA

Standard FX/Nytro and FX/Phazer Gen 3 plug/play model $179

Premium FX Nytro/Phazer Gen3 plug/play (includes Roll-Over Valve Control Module or ROVCM) $304

Stanard Gen 3 plug/play Apex $199

Premium Gen 3 Apex plug/play (includes ROVCM) $324

Electronic Roll-Over Valve Control Module (ROVCM) only $149

The ROVCM will fit both Yamaha and Arctic Cat Four Stroke Solutions LLC Gen 3 Roll-Over Valve kits. The ROVCM is plug and play to all Four Stroke Solutions LLC Gen 3 Roll-Over Valve kits!

ARCTIC CAT

Standard Arctic Cat M1100T Gen 3 plug/play Roll-Over Valve kit $199

Premium Arctic Cat M1100T Gen 3 plug/play Roll-Over Valve kit (includes ROVCM) $324

Additional info (shipping, etc) at http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/orderpricinginformation.htm

Bill

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It takes a lot of work and money to get the patent, congratulations for getting it done. Great product, keep going!

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
It takes a lot of work and money to get the patent, congratulations for getting it done. Great product, keep going!

Thanks RACINSTATION!
I was talking to my Dad about the patent process a while back. He was telling me that my grandfather (his Dad) had a patent issued back in the late 1940s for a type of cabinet catch. Apparently the procedures are very similar to how it was done back in the 40s! Only now its more expensive and with computers/email of course!

Bill

Last edited:
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
MTN VIPER-

Congrats!

Just one thing, i am not so sure that your "new" arctic cat rubber cap tether is necessarily an upgrade. I have used these and It seems that the rubber cap gets loose over time or ice can get stuck inside allowing for the potential that the engine can cut out when pulled on slightly during normal riding. the one that is in the yamaha rollover kit is a different style, very positive, locks in place solidly. And the one that OFT sells is also a very positive "click" too. It just seems that when you put these on a 300hp turbo sled that you want the best tether that money can buy. I have personally had the ignition cut out on a turbo while climbing a hill W.O.T, and it immediately launched me over the handlebars....not cool!!!!

I am not trying to knock your product, i have installed several of the rollover kits from yamaha and OFT, which i believe uses your valve and harness but a different tether. Perhaps you can shed some light on this and let us know your thoughts?? or perhaps you can offer your kit with a choice of tethers?? Thanks

Last edited:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
MTN VIPER-

Congrats!

Just one thing, i am not so sure that your "new" arctic cat rubber cap tether is necessarily an upgrade. I have used these and It seems that the rubber cap gets loose over time or ice can get stuck inside allowing for the potential that the engine can cut out when pulled on slightly during normal riding. the one that is in the yamaha rollover kit is a different style, very positive, locks in place solidly. And the one that OFT sells is also a very positive "click" too. It just seems that when you put these on a 300hp turbo sled that you want the best tether that money can buy. I have personally had the ignition cut out on a turbo while climbing a hill W.O.T, and it immediately launched me over the handlebars....not cool!!!!

I am not trying to knock your product, i have installed several of the rollover kits from yamaha and OFT, which i believe uses your valve and harness but a different tether. Perhaps you can shed some light on this and let us know your thoughts?? or perhaps you can offer your kit with a choice of tethers?? Thanks

Thanks paulharris!

Years ago I bought a used Cat tether off of a buddy for my VERY brief attempt at snowcross racing! He showed me where he added a set screw to the plug. I was told that it's an old Cat snowcross racer trick that very few people knew about to address the very issue that you mentioned.
The fix worked, I ran the same tether on two different sleds over a span of about 9 years with out any issues!

Apparently Arctic Cat got wind of it and now all of the new tether switch plugs come with the set screw already installed! It does work really well, I can pull/twist on the plug and the switch contact is not broken until the plug is off the switch.

The primary reason for going to the Cat switch is for improved moisture intrusion/corrosion resistance and the low profile design which allows for more mounting options.
The previous clip style tether switch that I used is the same one as in the Yamaha kits. With this type of switch there is only one method of sealing out moisture from the switch. Which is an o-ring seal that seals against the sliding plunger shaft.

With the Cat switch there are two methods to seal out water/snow. First is the rubber plug that covers the switch seals out water. Second is the inner bellows seal that seals out water while the tether is pulled. :thumb:

It is worth mentioning that there are less expensive aftermarket plug type tether switches that "look" like the Cat part. However they do not have the inner rubber bellows seal and set screw like the genuine OEM Cat part does.
Ski-Doo also uses the same type of switch and their OEM part also has the inner rubber bellows seal as well.
Below are a couple pics of tether switches, the genuine OEM Arctic Cat part is on the left, while the less expensive aftermarket unit is on the right.

One trick to help promote long plug type tether switch life,is to apply a small "dab" of dielectric grease inside the rubber plug once a year. Ski-Doo actually lists a part number for a small tube of dielectric grease for this purpose.

Bill

IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1763.jpg

Premium Features