• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 power loss

S
Feb 19, 2017
My spider blew up and my sled sat out on a power line for 2 days. Put the new clutch in and sled was ripping good then all of sudden lossed power and it won't open up on the stand or riding it around. It just lost power pretty abruptly. Changed PV cable cause it was stuck. Cleaned power valves. Unplugged tss. Any other ideas?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The stator and fuel pump can also go out fast, check the ground wires out too. The one is hid up under the triangular aluminum plate on the steering hoop. Check all you wire plug ins too, you could have some moisture in them. Does it back fire when you start it?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Since the spider blew up, I bet you damaged something in the powervalve assembly...either the PV itself or the wiring/harness. I'd check all that. Sure sounds like the PVs aren't opening now. You can check by forcing them open and riding it around and see if the power is back.

S
Feb 19, 2017
I will check the compression and reeds. The clutches look alright. The primary has a new speedwerx clutch kit in it. I will check plugins and looks at those grounds. It does not back fire when starting cold or warm. Fires up in two pulls cold and one warm. Idles at like 1500(used to idle at 18-1900). Servo opens and closes like it should.
Both cables move freely and spring back when pulled. Both cables are adjusted to 35mm. I am not getting any codes flashing.

S
Feb 19, 2017
Took the can off and shook the can. I can hear something rattling around in there. I am gonna get a new can and see if it solves the problem.

S
Feb 19, 2017
Found that a donut came off from
Inside the can and it was rattling around. Cut the can open and pulled it out and welded it back together. It didn't fix the problem. Tested the compression with WOT and it was 120psi after four pulls and 130 after ten on each side. What's compression supposed to be with a warm engine?

S
Feb 19, 2017
Took my reeds out and found that I have half a petal missing on the right cylinder... Gonna get some new ones and see what happens...

IMG_0478.jpg

Premium Features