• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01' 800 Highmark Oil Question

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Pull the pipe and look at the seal between the y pipe and pipe.......clean well and go back together with high temp rtv at the joints. How is the oil consumption?

S
Nov 30, 2007
Tooele, Utah
Pull the pipe and look at the seal between the y pipe and pipe.......clean well and go back together with high temp rtv at the joints. How is the oil consumption?

So, after pulling the Pipe, I found that the previous owner had installed an aftermarket pipe and can, but when he did, the new pipe didn't slide into the outer flange on the Y-Pipe, se he ground the outer flange off and slid the new pipe over it....

I've attached a photo of the end of the Y-pipe.

image.jpg

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
ya you're just not sealing at the connection. and on the Rave valve go to ski-doo's web site and go to the maintenance manuals for your make and model ~ they are free to sk-doo owners to view or download and it will walk ya through it!

S
Nov 30, 2007
Tooele, Utah
I checked the site, but couldn't find anything, but i found a tube video that went into pretty good detail on how to do it. So, High Temp RTV around the outlet of the Y-pipe still?

Premium Features