• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 vector turbo any good?

C
Jun 1, 2010
quesnel
hey guy's.im looking at a 05 vector MC Xpress turbo 205hp 151"track 2500kms $7000. are theas thing's any good??i do lots of hillcliming and boondocking and dont want to always be working on it...will it be any better then my 800 rev for himarking? thanks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
it will smoke the crap out of your rev for HP, althought the 151 isnt that much track under a turbo.. for $7k thought, thats a little steep for the sled. they arent light, so if your used to your rev, its gonna be a LOT heavier.. and you will definately feel retarted going to that chassis of a rider forward IMO. I would personally pass on that, it would be a fun sled, just not sure if its gonna be at ALL what your lookin for.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
reliability will be there and it will out highmark your rev. is that cdn or american price?

C
Jun 1, 2010
quesnel
I think i might hunt for a apex turbo i want more like 300+hp.my rev makes 160+so i dont think ill be happy with the vector at 205..im going to keep my rev as a backup.....Any one know where any GOOD apex turbos are?? i got $11,200 MAX.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I think i might hunt for a apex turbo i want more like 300+hp.my rev makes 160+so i dont think ill be happy with the vector at 205..im going to keep my rev as a backup.....Any one know where any GOOD apex turbos are?? i got $11,200 MAX.
I dont know what kinda elevation you normaly run at. but its easy to throw around the 300hp number, i know I did when I first was building a turbo sled.. ride one at 225-250 and I doubt you will ever turn it up, unless you like to just flat haul *** out in the open.. another thing to consider, your rev made 160 at sea level... that drops off in a hurry, the turbo is 205 on the hill most likely. just trying to say, its easy to toss around numbers, but until you pilot one at those levels, its amazing how fast they are.

but either way, buy that apex, it has to be one of the sickest deals ever.. and that thing WILL be a hair faster then your rev.

Last edited:
M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
I can't speak for the vector turbos but I have a MPI S/C on my 06 and it flat climbs. Will out climb Just about any stock sled I have came across. It is 220HP on pump gas. I love it and would suggest it to anyone.

Premium Features