• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800ft asl turbo setup help needed

R

RookieTurboGuy

Oct 20, 2009
Hi guys. Well, have ordered a race fuel setup from boondocker with all the trimmings for my 121 D8. I am at about 875 ft in the Northern Mid West and am wondering if I could get some "ballpark" recommendations on tuning parts. IE clutch weights, helixes and gearing. I realize race fuel and low boost are going to be nessessary at my elevation but really have no idea where to start on clutching. Will I need a reverse cut helix from Team to help compensate for lag on holeshot? I am not interested in boondocking or mountain riding but more interested in drag racing (backyard) here in the flatlands. I am really looking forward to this challenge!
TIA for any comments or advice.

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
:)Have you got the latest updates??
The -10 11.8-1 comp head is great for low elevation turbos...
or you might consider Brad wursten 11-1 comp head
ive got that one.
72.5gram-75 g lightening weights¨
180-290 primary spring
Straight 50 helix
Hold On to the bars....
been running 7-9 psi wit low comp head sea level on pg.98 oct.
Ed

R

RookieTurboGuy

Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I have the latest update with the new head. I already have a straight 50, so it would be great if that would work ok with the turbo. I wondered if I'd have to try a 46-52 or something like that. Who makes the lightning weights and the 180/290 spring? Any thoughts on gearing? I usually like around a 1.75 ratio on my Polaris sleds but figure I'll be able to try some taller gears with the turbo setup.

R

RookieTurboGuy

Oct 20, 2009
I'd like to have a reverse helix to try when I get her going and they are a special order so I'd like to order it now. What kind of duration should I use on the initial angle? .36 or less?
Help me out here guys.
TIA

Premium Features