• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Did I do this right..??

Aug 12, 2013
IL
SO I rerouted the coolant lines according to the diagram.

Ill wrap some foil tape around the hose that goes by the exhaust. Other than that, it should be ready to go!

Take a look and let me know what you think...

IMG_20131004_180013.jpg IMG_20131004_175929.jpg IMG_20131004_182042.jpg IMG_20131004_182131.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Looks good to me... You appear to have the hose coming from the thermostat housing connected into the radiator, and then from the radiator to the hose going under the motor. If this is the case as it appears to be, you're good to go as long as you be sure to thoroughly burp the system before the first ride!:face-icon-small-coo

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Nice job!!! Running it like that will help you stay much cooler now. Like 94 said just make sure you burp the system before the first ride so you don't run into any issues. Now just get some venting for the clutch side to keep your clutch and belt cool and you will be styling!!!

Aug 12, 2013
IL
Ok another quetion....

The two fuel line clips..they go on the connectors coming out of the tank correct? Or does one go on the fuel filter.

I have a few extra bolts...

Anyone recognize these...Im not sure what I missed..??

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20131005_142033.jpg IMG_20131005_165831.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Ok another quetion....

Thanks for the help!

please do not apply for a job at NASA assembling the space shuttle :face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
That's how you know the job is done right... extra parts left over.

I would suggest putting some heat tape or something as a shield over that coolant line running under the exhaust, once that gets full of hot coolant and the heat from the exhaust it gets real flexible. I've got a piece of tin wrapped in heat tape around that portion of hose.

Aug 12, 2013
IL
Well Progress! I figured out those two longer bolts are for the chain case...for some reason they got put into the wrong container.

The two shorter ones I think are for the exhaust shrouds....which I havent put on yet.

But the two coarse threaded ones have me confused. I did have the hood apart and the seat is still off. Maybe something will make sense when I put the seat back on.

I put wire loom around the coolant hose and heat tape. Ill make sure to check it often the first time out. Make sure its holding together.

Got it started tonight after the tear down!! Seems to idle fine and rev up good.

Only ran for a few minutes to fill the garage up with 2 stroke...:face-icon-small-ton

But I scolled through the screens and didnt know what this one was.... I guess I need an owners manual..ha

IMG_20131007_194337.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well Progress! I figured out those two longer bolts are for the chain case...for some reason they got put into the wrong container.

The two shorter ones I think are for the exhaust shrouds....which I havent put on yet.

But the two coarse threaded ones have me confused. I did have the hood apart and the seat is still off. Maybe something will make sense when I put the seat back on.

I put wire loom around the coolant hose and heat tape. Ill make sure to check it often the first time out. Make sure its holding together.

Got it started tonight after the tear down!! Seems to idle fine and rev up good.

Only ran for a few minutes to fill the garage up with 2 stroke...:face-icon-small-ton

But I scolled through the screens and didnt know what this one was.... I guess I need an owners manual..ha

That screen is of no importance... it is just fine in the 'off' setting!:beer;:face-icon-small-coo

R
Aug 7, 2009
pinetop az
Ok another quetion....

The two fuel line clips..they go on the connectors coming out of the tank correct? Or does one go on the fuel filter.

Thanks for the help!

Did you have the console off?
There are screws under the console behind the exhaust heat shield and by the pull start (right side)and behind the secondary ( left side) that are corse thread.
Rob

Aug 12, 2013
IL
Did you have the console off?
There are screws under the console behind the exhaust heat shield and by the pull start (right side)and behind the secondary ( left side) that are corse thread.
Rob

I did...had the exhaust removed as well and the secondary off. These seem a bit larger than the ones for the console.

I will take a closer look...thanks!

T

timc3352

Feb 12, 2013
Southern Minnesota
What did you guys use for the coupler and elbow? I've looked around at a couple of auto stores and a hardware store and can't seem to fined anything suitable.

Premium Features