• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZBros or Barkbuster

S

sheetwright

Mar 17, 2009
Plainfield Il.
Now that Zbros have been out for a bit I thought I would ask this question. I am eying up a new front end fro my 08 Nytro. I have the Barkbuster on my Apex and like it. The only thing is every trip I double check all the threades etc to make sure things are tight and secure. Most of my riding is corner to corner trails. Not mountain. I see quite a few Zbros out there now for sale off Nytros and other models. Their setup looks beefier, but does it do what it is supposed too? Also you can't use a stock shock from what I see. With the Barkbuster I can and just revalve them to my taste. Is there a better alternative to either of these if I am looking for a light weight durable front end, that can handle the corners and bumps? Any input or feed back from past experience would be great. Looking for 42"-43" stance.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Zbroz 43" kit works awesome! Geometry changes help it corner flat with added stability, and they are super tuff as well. They suggest a 18" shock package for the 43", but I use 17.5" for lower cg. Also check out alternativeimpact.com, they offer some 41.5" wide ti units that are really light, and designed to be used with the stock shocks.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Z broz all the way!! Have had both the Z broz geometry feels a lot more stabile and stronger.

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I was also considering Z-bros but went with Timbersled. I already had a Mountain Tamer rear suspension and Timbersled's customer service has been excellent so I chose to purchase another one of their products. I know if i phone Timbersled to replace a bent A-arm, they will ship one the same day. The Barkbuster performs well and is much better than stock so I am happy.

I don't know anything about Zbros' stock levels and shipping time, but that would be an important consideration in my decision. The season is short enough that I don't want to be waiting a couple of weeks for parts.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would never buy Timbersled for anything I own. It's built too light and wears out instantly especially on the Apex. I junked my front end and sold my rear skid. Was tired of bending the rear arms and the Fox Floats are garbage compared to ZBros. Just to stop the bottoming I had to constantly revalve and run high pressure in the Floats which made them ineffective compared to my Baker Elka/ZBros skid. The TS was a wheely monster which was a little fun lol. My Baker tracks so much better in a climb.

There is no comparison between the ZBros and the TS Nytro front ends. ZBros is better quality and when combined with a set of Exit shocks it is in a league of it's own. The latest ZBros kit has the 2010 castor as well as being able to put another 3degrees of castor (I believe).

I will give TS credit for their customer service. They always took care of the problems albeit on my dime shipping back and forth. I know Allen doesn't like the Apex LOL.

Sorry that's my 2 cents.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
The new Timbersled kit has billet spindles and larger upper and lower ball joints. The bushing suck but Ulmers oil lite kit fixes that. I like it so far. Z-broz is hands down the nicer kit but my goal was weight loss.

Premium Features