• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVOLUTION POWERSPORTS Island Park Trip with Pix & Video - MUST SEE

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
We just returned from 3 weeks of testing and riding in Island Park. We want to thank our staff & friends who helped make this trip a success. We also want to thank Team Thunderstruck (all GREAT guys), Amber Holt & Back Country Basics Class (TOP NOTCH, plus Amber is a GREAT lady who can RIDE!), Kevin from KMOD, the Staff of Snowest, Andy B. (Arctic Cat Engineer - for those of you who think engineers don't or can't ride what they design - Andy is one of the best riders I have ever seen), Sawtellle Mountain Resort and The Ponds Restaurant (OUTSTANDING food)

We also want to thank our Western Distributor EDGE Powersports Darrin and Brandon as well as Eric at Racin Station.

As a collaborative effort between Racin Station and Evolution Powersports, we are finalizing the details of the Big Chute/Super Chute clutch kit which has proven itself to resolve many of the belt failure problems. Stock turbo sleds will benefit from these components as well.

Now for the fun stuff....

In this video, Arctic Cat Engineer Andy puts our Big Chute 275 ProClimb 1100T to the test. This sled features our latest clutching components. The belt in this sled has over 300 miles on it and prior to our improvements, would blow a belt in less than 50 miles. Andy was EXTREMELY impressed with our kit. His exact words were: Power Delivery: perfect, Clutching: Perfect.

The other tracks on this hill were made by Trennis' Big Chute 275 & Propane Apex along with a few other of Team Thunderstruck sleds.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPeIayMFtRQ?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPeIayMFtRQ?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

THUNDERSTRUCK TRENNIS' EVO BIG CHUTE 275 PROCLIMB 1100T
DSC05904_zps74a15afb.jpg

EVO TRAILER & SLEDS
IMG_4583_zps72dea8cc.jpg

EVO TODD'S BIG CHUTE 275 PROCLIMB 1100T
DSC05897_zps84969f59.jpg

DSC05893_zpsffb1cbd6.jpg

EVO JIM'S SUPER CHUTE EXP 315 & EVO TODDS BIG CHUTE 275
DSC05912_zps6625a71d.jpg

Last edited:
S

Snupe3

Jul 7, 2012
I have your bc275 too and it's awesome. Do you guys have any more of those decal kits?

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
Details on clutching would be great to hear. Me and my belt guard are tired of blown belts.

O
Dec 1, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Come on, I know theres gotta be some super chute video coming off of Jim's sled :) Indulge us forced induction nerds with the transient response of a ball bearing chra :cool:

Thanks for reminding me I need to call you guys and get some parts coming before I get home :yo:

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Jim,

Very impressive power and it looks like good fun. We ride in Island Park several times per year and if you ever get a chance try the food at Boondocks and the chicken fried steak is awesome!

So now tell us about the new clutch kit set up please?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Tell us when this clutching details will be released ?

C
May 19, 2008
Rogers, MN
Hood

I see you have removed completely the louvers on your hood.

No Frogskins over the intercooler?

Looks like a big ball of ice stuck in there.

I am guessing you left it off for more air?

Dont you get snow dust on your clutches?

JBIZ

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2008
Saskatchewan, Canada
For the boondockers in the crowd, did u get to ride any deep snow? My movie quit 3.5 mins in. Hood closed, snow over the hood? 4-5 hours of tree riding? Hard to ingest any snow with skis a foot and a half off the ground. Just wondering if your clutching was put to the test in low speed high snow conditions with very little air movement. Many of us cannot cut a hole in our hood! Great job looked like fun the little bit I saw.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
It was a great weekend and ride. Our EVOPS products are ripping !!! Thanks JIM and TODD for the invite and the hospitality. Thanks to Andy From Arctic Cat. Andy is a great guy and a hell of a rider. It was a very successful and fun weekend.

Premium Features