• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone Hunt GMU 117 (49 Degrees North)

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
My buddy and I drew spring bear tags for this unit. Neither of us have ever stepped foot in it but plan to do plenty of aerial scouting. He’s been undergoing medical treatment for the last 8 months and is limited to how much ground he can cover on foot, in addition to how much time away from home he can spend. We’re both 30, so I’ll be able to put miles on if needed. I’m not looking for any honey holes, but possibly some areas to focus efforts on, stay away from, roads that are gated and do not open,hunting pressure, etc to help narrow things down and give us the best opportunity for success with the limited time we’re going to have.

Insight on current snow depths and when you foresee some main roads opening would be great too. Feel free to pm if you’d rather.

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
My buddy and I drew spring bear tags for this unit. Neither of us have ever stepped foot in it but plan to do plenty of aerial scouting. He’s been undergoing medical treatment for the last 8 months and is limited to how much ground he can cover on foot, in addition to how much time away from home he can spend. We’re both 30, so I’ll be able to put miles on if needed. I’m not looking for any honey holes, but possibly some areas to focus efforts on, stay away from, roads that are gated and do not open,hunting pressure, etc to help narrow things down and give us the best opportunity for success with the limited time we’re going to have.

Insight on current snow depths and when you foresee some main roads opening would be great too. Feel free to pm if you’d rather.

I've had the same bear tag there and I've moose hunted that unit. Great unit for bears, lots of them. There is a huge gated area around Kalispel Peak that you can walk/horseback into that has tons of big bears. I killed a monster in there a few years ago. Good luck, it's a fun hunt.

Premium Features