• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice buildup under muffler

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Not sure if anyone is having the same issue. I’ve got a BMP velocity can on my 17 summit, and after every ride I’m getting a ton of snow into my footwell that ends up freezing underneath the can. Not a major issue as of yet but kind of irritating to chip ice after every ride. Any ideas for stopping it? I’m considering getting frog skin and sticking over the face.

Thanks in advance

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
get a bigger doughnut welded on the outlet side.

and don't do that with the frogskin, you'll melt it for sure.

I was thinking frog skin on the face plate of where your foot goes in (not sure the actual name) but yeah, it'd probably melt or tear pretty quick with the amount of snow and ice that gets stuffed in there from riding.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
I was thinking frog skin on the face plate of where your foot goes in (not sure the actual name) but yeah, it'd probably melt or tear pretty quick with the amount of snow and ice that gets stuffed in there from riding.

Update: Didn't need a donut around the bottom of the pipe as the gap was pretty tight. I ended up fabbing an aluminum plate that is riveted on the inside of the right footwell and it keeps all of the snow out!

No issues with overheating either, but we'll see as temps get warmer.

I can add pictures if anyone cares to know more or wants to see what exactly my pea-brain is talking about.

Thanks guys!

Premium Features