• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018-2019 Island Park / West Yellowstone Snow Reports

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Looks like they got one lane open this morning up by the Tesoro, Was heading down to IF this morning and saw a few Semi's heading south towards Ashton. Roads were good this morning, however, coming back up this afternoon was super sketchy, they were losing the road up Ashton hill pretty fast... I love all the snow but I have to say I've run out of room to put it anywhere up to my soffits, and then some

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like they got one lane open this morning up by the Tesoro, Was heading down to IF this morning and saw a few Semi's heading south towards Ashton. Roads were good this morning, however, coming back up this afternoon was super sketchy, they were losing the road up Ashton hill pretty fast... I love all the snow but I have to say I've run out of room to put it anywhere up to my soffits, and then some

HISTORIC FEBRUARY!!!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Photo from a friends house down in Ashton! Winds and blowing snow are insane even down below IP

3fe06747bc910907ac2cf9ebaffc0e47.jpg

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Id511 shows closed at Ashton again? True or false?
Trying to get up there in the morning...

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Shouldn't be, no real snow to speak of for the past couple of days. It's down right embarrassing that in 2019 ITD cant keep 5 miles of road open in a snowstorm, never mind take almost a week to reopen. Instead of planning to piss away a gazillion dollars on the targhee pass upgrades that nobody wants or needs, maybe they should write a few checks for blowers, and a staging shed out at Henry's lake. Piss poor planning will give piss poor results.. every time.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
HOW WAS IT?
Thinking about hitting there tomorrow myself.

Hero snow, but you've probably already figured that out :face-icon-small-hap
Went up Friday, the loop was drifted over bad at the approach to the summit, had to detour into the canyon. Overall, one of my 10 best rides ever... only saw around a half dozen sleds all day

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
What a difference three days make, Went out Sunday, one of my 10 worst rides ever, snow's set up like cement, and got hammered over the weekend by too many peeps. Looked like termites on Balsa wood...argh! :face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What a difference three days make, Went out Sunday, one of my 10 worst rides ever, snow's set up like cement, and got hammered over the weekend by too many peeps. Looked like termites on Balsa wood...argh! :face-icon-small-sho
High water content in a lot of that snow.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Looks like doo doo :face-icon-small-fro... looks like that el ninio crap may have finally rolled in.... on the bright side sounds like the midwest finally has it going on... good for them

Last edited:
Premium Features