For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Currently: Dreaming of powder
Basic Member
Mnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just snow checked my 1st Skidoo

I have been on polaris for a few years now and after a day on a 19 freeride I'm sold!!, it took me about 1.5 hours on it before I felt comfortable. The thing is AWESOME !! I didn't want to finish the year out on my axys or pro after riding the skidoo. I ordered a 165 summit expert Black. Now I'm counting down the days for snow.
The rider forward to me is amazing, I could do more on the G4 than I could on my axys, I did not have any problem in the tight trees infact I felt way more comfortable dropping into steep ravines, no white knuckle feeling like on the Polaris. I felt in complete control and could turn and pick a line with ease if the bottom was nasty. I know the freeride weighs more than my axys but it rides like its 100 pounds lighter to me, I did not feel worn out at the end of the day. Thank you Skidoo for making a great sled and thanks to the dealer that let me demo it for the day, S&S Sports. This is my 1st snow check sled ever, I have always bought demo sleds or 1 year old.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mnt.Tamer For This Useful Post:
Calvin42 (04-15-2019), donbrown (04-14-2019), KTM_FREERIDER (04-13-2019), winter brew (04-14-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 2,733 Times in 811 Posts
Norona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond reputeNorona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnt.Tamer View Post
I have been on polaris for a few years now and after a day on a 19 freeride I'm sold!!, it took me about 1.5 hours on it before I felt comfortable. The thing is AWESOME !! I didn't want to finish the year out on my axys or pro after riding the skidoo. I ordered a 165 summit expert Black. Now I'm counting down the days for snow.
The rider forward to me is amazing, I could do more on the G4 than I could on my axys, I did not have any problem in the tight trees infact I felt way more comfortable dropping into steep ravines, no white knuckle feeling like on the Polaris. I felt in complete control and could turn and pick a line with ease if the bottom was nasty. I know the freeride weighs more than my axys but it rides like its 100 pounds lighter to me, I did not feel worn out at the end of the day. Thank you Skidoo for making a great sled and thanks to the dealer that let me demo it for the day, S&S Sports. This is my 1st snow check sled ever, I have always bought demo sleds or 1 year old.

super pumped for you and glad it was a wicked experience, what sledding is all about!

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Norona For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (04-14-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Basic Member
Mnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond reputeMnt.Tamer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks

I'm glad I kept riding the sled that day, after the first 1/2 hour I almost took it back to the truck. But after learning where to place my feet and and the trick of just leaning, it was a blast. I have a old shoulder injury that always hurts after a day on my Polaris to the point it takes me 2-3 day to recoup. After riding the G4 I was just slightly sore but I could have road the next day. It was just a blast to ride in 1.5 feet of fresh powder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mnt.Tamer For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (04-14-2019), Norona (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Currently: You have reached thelimit of your Free BasicMember readingprivileges.
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm glad I kept riding the sled that day, after the first 1/2 hour I almost took it back to the truck. But after learning where to place my feet and and the trick of just leaning, it was a blast. I have a old shoulder injury that always hurts after a day on my Polaris to the point it takes me 2-3 day to recoup. After riding the G4 I was just slightly sore but I could have road the next day. It was just a blast to ride in 1.5 feet of fresh powder.
Have you tried the new "react" front end on the new Polaris mountain sleds?

Old 04-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Basic Member

No I have not, after riding the skidoo and feeling so good after riding it for the day there was no need to try the polaris with the new front end, the main thing I loved about the skidoo is the rider forward and whatever front end Polaris puts on there sled it's still a axys and the do good but I felt the skidoo was extremely better. That's just my opinion but I have never spent this much money on a sled ever but I felt the skidoo was worth it. I did not dislike my Polaris until I road the G4, with that said I'm going to keep the Polaris for a while but I honestly can't imagine going back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mnt.Tamer For This Useful Post:
sledhead_24_7 (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 02:00 AM
Currently: Let it snow !!!
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to know you found your happy place !!!

Old 04-14-2019, 06:28 AM
Basic Member
doorider27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best looking sled this year. Congrats

Old 04-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Currently: You have reached thelimit of your Free BasicMember readingprivileges.
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No I have not, after riding the skidoo and feeling so good after riding it for the day there was no need to try the polaris with the new front end, the main thing I loved about the skidoo is the rider forward and whatever front end Polaris puts on there sled it's still a axys and the do good but I felt the skidoo was extremely better. That's just my opinion but I have never spent this much money on a sled ever but I felt the skidoo was worth it. I did not dislike my Polaris until I road the G4, with that said I'm going to keep the Polaris for a while but I honestly can't imagine going back.
That's interesting. I have a couple skidoos and even I dont feel that strong about it. haha. Glad you found something you like.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Basic Member
Summit154T3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I snowchecked a summit x expert 154 in black. Can’t wait for next year. It truly is the easiest sled I have ever ridden. I had an 16 summit t3 154 with some extras (can, skis, shocks)and loved it but time for new one and once i rode a new one my friend owned. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to ride. Lean and turn. Bring on winter

Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 PM
JungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Congrats, MT! Made the same move to the G4 a couple years ago for the same reason as I had pulled tendons in my shoulders which made riding my Axys tougher. After a day on a G4 I was riding it better than the Axys I had rode for 2 years. Admittedly I'm not an expert rider and not nearly as serious as the Polaris faithful but it works for me. Maybe with the new Expert I snow checked last week I'll get a little better yet again.., fingers crossed!

'19 Ski-Doo G4 850 Summit X 175x3"
'18 Ski-Doo G4 850 Summit X 175x3"
'16 Polaris Pro Axys RMK 800 163x2.6"

Old 04-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Basic Member
catskills is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-16-2019, 06:11 AM
Currently: Still Riding...
Basic Member
Big10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Big10inch For This Useful Post:
catskills (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 10:47 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Mnt.Tamer For This Useful Post:
sledhead_24_7 (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:22 PM
noob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to noob For This Useful Post:
sledhead_24_7 (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register