• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The thin, dry glove thread

The price is sure good on these Cabela's gloves ($59.99). Humm.... may have to give these a try.

I have had mine 2 seasons. Got them on clearance off for $25. But mine has a Velcro cuff, and I like these better

These are also a great Gloves for the price:
Kinco 2051 (velcro) : https://www.amazon.com/Kinco-KincoP...ay&sprefix=kinco+2051,aps,247&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Kinco 2060 Neoprene Cuff: https://www.amazon.com/2060-KincoPr...2060&qid=1551281140&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I picked up a long cuff Cabela's gloves likely 10 years ago. Still use them. I think they must change vendors every couple years as they always look a little different. Talked another guy into a pair and he was pleasantly surprised how they have held up.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
I wear a pair of cheap Harbor freight LATEX gloves (50 pairs for $8) and then put whatever over them as a winter glove. Of course thicker outer gloves for colder days

Same principle as a surfers wetsuit. Wetsuits help to preserve body heat by trapping a layer of water against the skin; this water is consequently warmed by body heat and acts as an insulator. Water conducts heat away from the body approximately 25 times more efficiently than air.

Oil field trick here! I get the strangest looks when I have lunch :hungry: on the mtn with blue latex gloves on!

Its simple concept to grasp, when your hands are dry, they don't get cold as fast as wet hands. The latex is a barrier between sweaty warm hands and the elements (wind, snow, etc.).

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just tried on some klim summit gloves at a local shop. They're meant to be worn with a liner but they feel pretty damn good without one. Plus goretex, not 'windproof' breathable nonsense.

Seem pretty legit

Also just bought some bees wax to give all my current thin gloves a wax bath

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I recently discovered the True Adventure Gear gloves, through an old snowest post, and ordered a set up. I love these gloves. Mine are the X-Plor version and while I still sweat in them a bit they are the best set I have. I have a set of windstopper Klims I liked but they get soaked in fluff pretty fast. Then I tried the Arctiva Quest gloves and they were too warm. The Arctiva are great ride out gloves...Not super thick to keep the furnace burning after riding but warm enough to get ya back.

I do wish the TAG gloves had a gauntlet and silicone wiper.

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
I've had good luck with FLY Racing Title Gloves

371-04910.jpg

They keep my hands dry for most of the day including digging out, and I bring an extra pair for the ride back to the truck

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Oil field trick here! I get the strangest looks when I have lunch :hungry: on the mtn with blue latex gloves on!

Its simple concept to grasp, when your hands are dry, they don't get cold as fast as wet hands. The latex is a barrier between sweaty warm hands and the elements (wind, snow, etc.).

I know surfers , deep sea commercial divers plus lots of hazmat workers who wear the blue nitrile gloves in adverse conditions.

Meet more and more on the mountain using nitrile liners

I also get looks about carbon fiber 8 layers insulated rated for -94F rear entry BOA BAFFIN PIVOT boots. There like … who is BAFFIN ? If you worked on a rig in freezing temps, scrape ice off a deck, or McMurdo you know the BAFFIN brand.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Yeah but when you snap them on, you can wink at the guy parked next to you and creep him out. That's certainly worth something.

And if something goes down in the backcountry or parking lot no pesky fingerprints to come back to you.....

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Just wanted to post an update.

I'm loving the Klim summit gloves with no liner. I've had them out in super cold and really warm days. I'm a fan. The thumb does fit a little weird so make sure you have close to whatever klim uses for a hand shape.

I'm also happy with all the much cheaper 'windstopper' gloves I have that I drenched in melted bees wax. I haven't really changed gloves while riding with either so that speaks volumes.

Premium Features