• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Arctic Cat Sled rollout.. (HI-RES Photos)

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Me thinks cat is on the right track when the complaints are;

Why didn’t they spend more advertising?

Why didn’t they make MY color?

Yikes!!

Answer one... good, keep it in r&d, share a bit more with the dealers and build their parts dept.

Answer two... wrap it, powder coat it, or just go ride it!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Here's what I found on YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kkda4MUpA8c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That guy’s a ball of fire... sadly I feel like he is a good representation of Cat snowmobile “team”. They need new people. Every year during the Cat “release” I think back to the release of the 2011 Pro RMK and how well they built and marketed that sled. Those guys were so excited, knew that sled top to bottom, and just wanted to show the thing off.

Take notes Cat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBj99LRHTA

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Doesn't look silver here.....
a2fe04e3daa7b3f7e01499cbac41d07b.jpg

Yeah I see Rawb Kinkayyyd posted a couple pictures of that sled and also had a picture of the one that is actually silver. He also specifically called it silver in a post on fbook. Definitely silver... which I like, the primer gray is gross. The green idlers were an interesting choice.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Thanks Christopher! Always fun to see the next year sleds. The Alpha has to be one of the coolest sleds I have seen. I need to ride one! And I like the snowcheck only option to be honest. Allows AC to build out the right quantities, there will be leftovers that sit on the floor (guessing dealers can put in snowcheck orders if they want the inventory?) and the dealers don't get stuck with sleds they have to dump for a loss...and I really want to see the dealers stick around, especially the small guys. Any rate...cool sled. Thanks for sharing. BTW...what is up with the Debbie downers today? This is a 165 HP super reliable sled with a revolutionary skid...for all lame stuff in the world, I definitely file this in the "cool" category.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
That guy’s a ball of fire... sadly I feel like he is a good representation of Cat snowmobile “team”. They need new people. Every year during the Cat “release” I think back to the release of the 2011 Pro RMK and how well they built and marketed that sled. Those guys were so excited, knew that sled top to bottom, and just wanted to show the thing off.

Take notes Cat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBj99LRHTA

No doubt that Polaris had the best marketing strategy in the industry when they introduced the PRO RMKs. They needed to prove to the public that they had the goods and they did a phenomenal job at creating excitement amongst a nervous public after years of Dragon issues.

I'm really surprised by the lack of marketing ambition by Arctic Cat... I think they have the product to sell, but if they did a Polaris style marketing campaign, I think they could really hit it out of the park among those who are on the fence or disappointed with their previous product shortfalls.

Premium Features