• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DPS Aurora fuel reactor

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
So after some time on the snow with it I thought I would throw this up here. I ride a 2013 summit xm 174"x3" with the non intercooled aerocharger kit, I bought the sled used in January of 2016 i was skeptical about the aero but couldn't pass up the deal. When I bought the sled it was in a horrible state of tune which resulted in me getting such a good deal on it. It had the aerocommander dobeck box on it and no matter what I did with it I couldn't get it running %100 consistent (I kinda thrive on the challenge of tuning stuff).But after a few wasted trips and a complete new built long block after tossing a con rod I was about ready too call it quits and part it out. This is when Dave contacted me and informed me of his new prototype fuel controller. I have been running the AFR all season now and it has been flawless can't say enough about it, the box compensates for afr's, IAT's, barometric pressure and boost. Sorry for the long post guys just wanted to post my results.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
A buddy of mine also put this fuel controller on after multiple ruined trips with his silber turbo running the dobec controller. He was ready to sell his kit and go back to stock. David's performance shop installed the AFR controller and it's been ripping ever since.

Schanny

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
I am the guy that w2briding was talking about. I struggled and struggled with the Dobec box on a Silber kit for a whole year on a 2014 skidoo 154, then switched to a 16xm 154. No matter what I did things just wouldn't run worth a crap. Ended up sending the dobec box back to the factory, they fixed something on it and I reinstalled it, and worked a little better but not great by any means... I got a hold David at David's Performance and we worked together on building up fuel maps for his AFR Box and man a live this fuel box is something else an absolute running machine now... no more struggling , no more doubt . Well worth getting a hold of Dave!!!!

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
The AFR fuel controller has been in the works for more than a few years now.

Multiple sleds and about every turbo system has ran on different versions of this controller. That gave everyone involved the knowledge to go to the next level. Every version built has worked better and better. Don't get fooled by the rumors floating around. it is not what it seems

We have all had extra ordinary results this system.

This brain child has been a combination of forces and minds throughout the sled, and car industry. By the guys who are tuners, Have the brains, Live the life, and have been around for a long time.

Everyone involved has worked very hard and put a lot of time in to get this off the ground. Lets just say there are some very cool industry leading items that will not disappoint.

Dave is a stand up guy some say the salt of the earth. He has been leading the project. He has a lot of drive and is very dedicated to this project. Big things come in small packages!
I consider him One of my Best Friends.

Some of the capabilities are
*stand alone ecu capabilities
*boost control
*closed loop tuning
*Auto tune
*Data accusition
*live trims in every table.
*Multiple Analog inputs
*Multiple Digital inputs
*4 wire tps control
*Run in Stealth mode as a piggy back
*wifi
*blue tooth
*Optional tuning tables with axis change capabilities
*Built in map sensors
*free firm ware and software
*Launch control
* two step
* v12 semi sequential fuel
* staged tuning
* progressive nitrous supply
* timing control
* Boost Shot (coming)
* used as a secondary box or full standalone
* Friendly & Knowledgeable support team
* and a smile

There have been alot of guys calling and fishing for knowledge. You know who you are. Please show some respect to the people, time and effort that has gone into this project.
This stuff is not easy. We all do this to try and bring a better riding experience to the industry and people we love.

This controller will be available very soon and so will dealer and distributor lines.

Keep smiling!:face-icon-small-hap

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
I had the turbo out Friday, rode some of the best snow conditions we've had up here in quite some time. The afr controller worked perfectly from 2000'-6500' without a hickup. Exhaust snuffing was an issue with all the sleds in there including two t3's a 174 and 163 and an 850 154x3". Turbo broke trail for most of the day, at 7lbs the turbo was very impressive in these snow conditions. Of course the 174x3" may have helped slightly...:face-icon-small-hap. Very happy with how the sled is running, would recommend David's controller to anyone.

Last edited:

Schanny

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Well The AFR (from Davids Performance) fueling box has come through again!!!! Pulled the sled out of storage and took it for a couple rips and hasn't missed a beat at 900 feet elevation.. Worth your time to get a hold of David, You won't be disappointed!!!!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I emailed Dave and this setup looks very impressive. I don't know that he would like me to post images of the data logging and module... so I won't. But like I've said, very impressive. I'm excited to learn more.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
AFR control box

David will post a thread on the Aurora Fuel Reactor soon. He will have all the literature, images and a list of options for the controller. It sounds as though he has things finalized.

J
Jan 20, 2017
AFR fuel controller

I had Dave install a silber turbo and his AFR fuel controller on my 2016 ski doo, my first hour on the sled it ran great, all the sudden the sled started running like crap, it was back firing like crazy couldn't get over 5,000rpms, went back into town and took a data log and it showed that my volts were jumping all over. I called dave right away and he said to check my spark plugs, took the spark plug out and it had a crack in it, put new plugs in and did another data log and everything was perfect. My sled ran amazing the rest of the trip. Cant wait to get out and use it more! I will never put a turbo on a sled without the AFR it does a amazing job. Thumbs up to Dave and the team that has developed the Aurora Fuel Reactor!

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I live about an hour from Dave and going to have him install it on my SHR 860 174 T3 with impulse turbo. I like the idea of him fine tuning the fuel curve for the secondary injectors. The options for this box is endless and has some pretty cool features I'm going to utilize. If anyone is remotely interested in this you need to talk to dave. Ive talked to him many many times and he is one hell of a smart guy.

Last edited:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've been exchanging emails with David regarding this controller and it looks very interesting. It has a ton of features and looks user friendly compared to the other ones on the market. When I get a chance, I'm going to head down and see him for a test drive. He's only about 1.5hrs from my place. Hopefully he will post some pictures/details. If not, I'll see if he wants me to.

Last edited:

dps

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Leeds ND
Aurora Fuel Reactor

Here is the literature and a couple of pictures.

Welcome to the AFR (Aurora Fuel Reactor) Fuel controller. The AFR (Aurora Fuel Reactor) is a fuel controller that has been developed by a group of industry leading Technicians. With years Critical experience and expertise in the world of ECU tuning, Stand Alones, High Performance turbo application and Real World knowledge.
*AFR (Aurora fuel reactor) works as a partnership arrangement with the stock ECU or ECM. Performing the work needed on the industries latest two stroke and four stroke high performance complex engine, fuel, and clutching systems. Especially those of the modern 2 stroke engine with turbos.
The stock ECU or ECM will stay and perform as normal. Keeping all of the factory parameters and warranty intact. This can NOT be done by reflashing the stock ecu or ECM.
When the AFR( Aurora fuel reactor) senses a boost condition or other configured parameter It will cover the engines extra fueling needs through added fuel injectors. The added Fuel injectors will add fuel using preset or your configurable calculations from the built in internal Manifold Absolute pressure sensor (MAP), Barometric Pressure sensor (BAP), and a Bosch 4.9 LSU wide band oxygen sensor (AFR). Along with added external Intake Air Temperature sensor (IAT), and Throttle Position (TPS) connections.
AFR has the ability to data log all critical sensors and key added components. Giving you, the end user information and KNOWLEDGE! This information and knowledge will give you the edge on the compition. All data and tuning can be blue toothed live streamed using our built in Bluetooth functions right to your phone though an app. No more wire or Expensive Gauge packs. Now the power is in your hands.
Our main working harness is built as a plug and play system. Using all OEM water proof connectors. Connecting to the vehicle easily and convenient. There is no splicing, soldering. Giving professional results in a matter of minutes with trouble free use.
In addition to precise fueling functions the AFR can also support extended features such as electronic boost control, nitrous control or the addition of a 0-5V sensor output for data logging. Built in Controller Area Network (CAN) allows for additional inputs and outputs such as EGT monitoring systems and digital dashboards.
In short you will be able to receive the performance you want and have been looking for
In other words, the AFR is more than your average fuel controller.

Aurora Kit.jpg Aurora Phone App.jpg

Premium Features