• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Important Message From Trygstad Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
TMS would like to take the opportunity to “clear the air” as it relates to negative comments made on this forum by our competition and its’ followers. While some remarks are made in a constructive manner, many are, unfortunately, personal attacks. As a paying sponsor of this forum and others, it is our intention to never use any internet forum as a tool to directly attack, discredit, or disparage our competition in any way. We believe comments should be made in a professional and factual manner.

Having been in business for over 25 years, we learned a long time ago that competition is a good thing! We know that valuable lessons are sometimes learned the hard way. Over the years, we have witnessed those that spend too much time worrying about the competition were usually the first ones back to the trailer scratching their heads, loading up for a long ride home.

We at TMS choose to lead, not follow. We continue to innovate and provide exclusive engine services for Rotax performance. Even in today’s crazy internet world, strong customer service and first class products still count in this competitive powersports arena.

Our long-time commitment to extensive R&D has resulted in a wealth of knowledge that we share both on our website and with our customers daily.

Below is what we believe separates TMS from our competitors:

· Aside from a personal 35+ years of professional racing experience, TMS has provided hundreds of championship-winning engine packages. From snowcross, watercross, hillcross and hillclimb to asphalt, ice, grass and hill drags, our racing heritage spans decades.

· In addition to being a consultant to BRP/Skidoo Racing, we’ve had the opportunity to work with a talented group of Skidoo team racers on the RMSHA Hillclimb circuit. Together, we have posted over 200 podium 1-3 finishes. This program continues today. If you haven’t already, we encourage forum members to attend the World Championship Hillclimb event in Jackson Hole and note how many times the TMS name is associated with supporting the racers and the event.

· While our racing heritage runs deep, it has provided an R&D platform to develop some of the finest mountain and trail packages in the industry. Our engine packages have proven to be powerful and reliable.

· We have designed and produced our successful 872 Etec BB for over 4 years. We led the industry when nobody else said it could be done. We have over 1000 pistons in stock for our proven 872 at this time.

· TMS does everything in-house, including our superflow dyno and flow bench development, cylinder boring, cylinder porting and head designs, along with everything else except cylinder plating services.

We are dedicated to serving our large customer base and value the relationships we have built over the past 25 years. We invite forum members who have any questions about TMS products and services to contact us by phone or email. (507) 281-3545; trygstadmotorsports@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Dave Trygstad

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I as a business owner find it amusing when companies get caught up in internet shoving matches. very unprofessional but still funny. know its very easy to get caught up in but I always look for the places that just respond to questions asked directly towards them and their products and avoid the drama. these are the businesses that show a professional attitude and are the kind of places i'm looking to do business with.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Its about time Dave posted something like this. I know what he’s talking about. I spent the first 10 years of clutch kitting deflecting these kinds of issues and still have “haters”...they just hate me because I don’t fall in line.

Dave....Haters are a high degree of flattery, don't sweat that **** man. :deadhorse:

For the Internet surfer - plow through their information, what is spoken can’t return – you will get a picture of characteristic items unchanged. There’s always gong-bangers whether its “cheers” or “jeers”

A caution about reviews; Many times when you read a review what is told or proposed it can be old information. 1) Look when it was written and 2) follow the speaker and see how far back this information comes from.
The reader should be diligent to also search out for "latest" or "what's new" and if there are remedies available for problems.

Big bores don’t appear spontaneously.
There are, in my view, important items of research on the issue of a big bore. When you are spending some coin there should be a higher standard of proof applied in cases where a big dent in your wallet and runtime each season is at stake.

First, the measure you adopted must be planned to achieve the objective in question – Me, going to be a “buyer” of a successful big bore (Return on investment) from a leader (someone that shakes the market up (talks and walks)). The research should be exhaustive and not arbitrary, should be fair and not presumptive. You let the data speak for itself.

Second, there must be a proportion between the effects of this engine applied to what you see carried out by it. An example - making a substantial clutch setting change to be "sufficient" to control the engine speed.
Or...
..an ABSURD clutch setting change :face-icon-small-sho:becky: to be "sufficient" – Like I mean that is contrary to your experiences.
What you see in clutch settings is a connection between the ultimate fact-presumed (Big Torque) and the fact-proved (big clutching)
Or...
...winning in racing of some type.

Third, look for what puts the engine you are looking at, ahead of their competitors in their range. Durability, life at full throttle, rated engine speed, and failure avoidance offerings that can be put with the engine. Remedy, what can the buyer recover in the case of non-performance?

Note about the buyer – not only does the seller have a duty to the buyer, but the buyer has a duty to the seller when it comes to a remedy. Did the buyer factually and in every point follow the guide of the seller? A problem is that sellers have to deal with buyers that may have no special knowledge (like me) on the seller’s product. I plan to buy a TMS 872 and I am going to make damn sure that it’s going to be put together or assembled in a degree of competency that Dave has to expect.
You expect a product that performs when you install it, but YOU have to perform when YOU have it installed.

I like Dave’s purposeful non-material approach. What he says about Rotax and BRP implies to me there is a modesty about him with the parts he recommends and that’s what rubs some the wrong way. Modesty admits unpleasant truths that basic improvements and innovations can occur without going far out of the realm of factory products.

Humble data collecting speaks loudly
The clutch settings reported to me from some of my old’ timey test guys and a 2 skidoo dealer friends running this 872 last season is making me lean back in my chair thinking to myself “sometimes this clutch tuning gig is hard” and makes me depressed. Depressed in a positive way - I’m being asked to do something and because of time/distance/season, I can’t be quick enough to help.

I have a new 800etec, just uncrated it 2 weeks ago. I am driving my sled stock for this season and heck, every day I run my sled, I’m going to be dreaming of climbing this hill with Dave’s 872.

Another reason added to my purchase is, who some of the haters are is just another drop in the bucket for me to run the 872.

Sorry Dave, I can’t use yer clutching recommendations – I kinda got my own gig goin on for your 872 that’s doin not too shabby and its only going to get better. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features