• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 RMK 700 engine or compatible engine with chasis

B
Nov 22, 2015
Hello All,

I recently purchased a used RMK 700. I had the new sled for about two weeks prior to wrecking the engine in the sled.

I haven't had much luck reaching anyone that might have a new engine for sale. I tore apart the engine to find out what happened and it looks to me like the piston skirt broke off and dropped into the crank. The crank then pushed the material through the housing after doing damage to the crank itself.

My friend strongly recommended this community based on the helpful responses and vast amount of people who use it regularly. If anyone can help me out by pointing me in the right direction or letting me know if the have one, it would be greatly appreciated. All I want to do is get back out there this season. Thanks in advance!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
700 motors are hard to come by.

I suggest you try IndyDan, he has an ebay store and he can fix motors that you would swear are junk. He has welded up several cases for me and put the motors back together, offers a great warranty.

Otherwise, I have had luck piecing together the necessary parts off of ebay. It requires some knowledge though as to what you are looking for.

sled_guy

Premium Features