• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heavy steering help please

Jan 22, 2011
utah
I recently bought 2018 M 600 SE 153 for my daughter this sled is terrible to steer and handle very very heavy front end any advice to get rid of this also it is very difficult to pull up on one side as well to side hill suspension is relaxed as much as I possibly can so that spring retainer don’t fall off on the front end I got most the ski pressure pulled off from the front rear shock any other advice would be great. Thank you

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
When setting a sled for a very light rider we have found that the normal rules do not apply. We have taken several light riders west and to get a sled to even begin to work and be drive able we lighten the ski shocks a lot (50 lbs or less) as well as the rear track suspension shock, (maybe 70 lbs). Then we tighten the front track shock a decent amount until ski pressure becomes reasonable for the light rider. Then by moving a bit forward or back the light rider can change ski pressure and handling because their weight will cause the sled to pivot ahead or back for either turning or traction.

Last edited:
Premium Features