• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looks like a bad servo motor again '09 M8T

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
My sled started running horrible when it hits 6k RPM and won't rev past that, strong up to that point though, just made it out of east quartz yesterday. Didn't notice a code, but after pulling the tank today and checking wires to PV motor, ohming out the harness, bench testing the motor. I tried to ride again, same thing, now getting code 16, got it home, put in shop, had a beer, went out started, now code 18. Second time the PV motor has failed. When I took it apart, found all there really is in there is a POT and motor. Motor works with bench test, so it's the POT that fails. Anyone tried to buy one? I found this thread on it, but it's pretty old, I'm wondering if the POT may be available, then we could repair these things instead of having to replace

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/57-arctic-cat/13472-servomotor-testing.html

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
I'm pretty sure they are, have the same brand markings, part number, even color. I'm trying to find one closer than China. Their used for electric scooter throttle controls, but the crooks selling them for scooter applications want hundreds for them, same part exactly. Found one ebay seller in US, I don't mind paying a little more if it gets it to me quick

Premium Features