• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XIC 1000 instruction manual

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Does anyone have an instruction manual for the XIC 1000? I have the 3.4 version. Interested for myself as well as a friend who just purchased a used side mount TSS kit. His problem is that the controller is saying boost is locked? I did ask Neil, he just laughed and said I wouldn't know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Does anyone have an instruction manual for the XIC 1000? I have the 3.4 version. Interested for myself as well as a friend who just purchased a used side mount TSS kit. His problem is that the controller is saying boost is locked? I did ask Neil, he just laughed and said I wouldn't know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the manual in a pdf. Also boost locked is the boost controller. You need to pay for a code and solenoid to use this function.

I do not know how to upload the PDF. Can you send me an email and I will email it to you. Derek.hall@johnsonoutdoors.com

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
More help

I did get some info on the differences between Neil's map and TSS' map from Neil himself. This was also great help. I will post info on the differences when I'm confident in doing so.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
All I can tell you is...

Neil's fuel numbers vs the RPM settings are half of what TSS used. The reason being is that he uses the X2 multiplier. Boost-it used the IAT sensor and adjusted for altitude where TSS did not.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Neil's fuel numbers vs the RPM settings are half of what TSS used. The reason being is that he uses the X2 multiplier. Boost-it used the IAT sensor and adjusted for altitude where TSS did not.

So which works better in your application?? The x2 I believe is two injection pulses per rev. Per injector. So actually 4 pulses. I assume this helps the fuel not pool.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I will run Neil's map once I receive the IAT sensor. I will have two coming. I can sell it, I thought I would just keep a spare though.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I will run Neil's map once I receive the IAT sensor. I will have two coming. I can sell it, I thought I would just keep a spare though.

I built my own last year. Barry gave me the info on how to do it and wire it. Like 2 dollars worth of thermostats and resistors. . And an hourvworth of work getting it set up to pot it so the thermister was held but open enough to react quickly.

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have a barely used Boostit box in my parts drawer. If someone wants it, shoot me a offer. I might have the manual for it yet too.

G
Jan 13, 2019
Help please

I’m looking for info on this Xic 1000 controller. I can’t find anything helpful out there. I have the tss turbo with intercooler on a 2015 skidoo 800. Just picked up the sled. He said it would bog sometimes. I’d like to get it straightened out before I get out there but no clue where to start with the controller. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Premium Features