• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goggles vs heated shield

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Ive used goggles but actually prefer a shield. This year im running a heated shield. I rarely see anyone not using goggles however so curious about which everyone prefers and why.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I prefer goggles for vision and shield for cold protection. I use goggles.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Heated shields work great for trail riding, as well as for wives and kids. However, they are quite terrible for most mountain riding. You're typically on and off the sled too much to stay plugged in and an unexpected roll over could be an issue.

The main reason, though, is to separate your eyes from your breath. In mountain riding, you work and breath so damn hard that you'd be fighting fog up constantly. Then, if your shield gets all messed up with snow and ice, which will happen, you can't easily swap it out, like you can with another set of goggles.

Get some quick straps and you'll never think of using a shield again.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
I guess thats the beauty of the delta is that I can run goggles also should it be an issue.

T
Apr 11, 2018
SE WI
I run a heated shield when riding at home in Wi. Nothing better for trail riding, always laughed at my buddies who wore googles to look cool. But for riding the mountains, googles are the only way to go. Rode in a big snowstorm last year and had fogging issues. I bought some heated googles, Abom Heets. I'm pretty confident I'm never having fogged goggles again!

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
I switched to goggles a few years ago from heated shield. Fogging issues were still happening either way. Put a Haber vision in my goggles and have never looked back.
Just my experience but for the money I would go with the goggles and the Heber vision.
In use several different brands and colored lenses depending on conditions.
Pretty easy to switch the fan from goggle to goggle.

Just my 2 cent.

Nooby

Premium Features