• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 X(HO) Turbo/Mods/Injection

Jan 22, 2011
I have a 99 670 X engine just rebuilt and last year I bought an AEROCHARGER turbo set up that supposedly came off a 99 summit X 670. But i have a few questions about finishing my project. I'm putting the set up in a ZX or 06 REV 1000 Chassis.

The engine is a stock 99 670 X engine with a thicker base gasket, The turbo "kit" came with the turbo, carbs, air box and pipe and all the vac/air lines. I think the turbo set up was originally made for a 97 RMK 700 because that's what the direction book is for.

I know i need a pre 98 670 ignition system and 100+ octane
ANYWAYS MY QUESTIONS ARE

1) My stock carbs are 44mm and the ones that came hooked to this air box in the kit are much smaller I would guess like 35 mm or so. Should I use these carbs that are all ready tapped and set up or should i tap mine and set mine up to run

2) Should i stick with my stock rotary timing? Or is there a better rotary valve or timing I should run, Or any more mods I can do to get more power and reliability

3) And last I would really like to run fuel injection on this set up so I can dial it in and more or less leave it alone (AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE:crazy:) And so I wont have the risk as much of being to lean. Does anyone know of a good system that might work?

Any help would be great. Thanks guys :typing: I have done a lot of work on turbo and blown cars as I am a mechanic but the 2 stroke carb turbo set up is new haha

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
The RV is fine. Head will be too tight. The ignition swap will not work the way you want to do it without extensive work. If that engine has been ported at all that's not good either. The exhaust timing in stock form is pushing it. The carbs are not that big of a deal once you get them set up. I would put some 38-40mm carbs on it.

Premium Features