• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boost issues with the aerocharger

Feb 28, 2009
The aero kit I have on my 2012 etec has some inconsitancy several times I have grabed a fist full and the turbo doesnt spool up or boost then I can go to the bottom of the hill and get after it again and the thing rips any sugestions of what is going on.

T
Nov 28, 2010
Boost leak check boots and make shure airbox is not comeing of. Also check pipe to make shure it is not cracked. What is your your egt

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
that could have something to do with it too. I know mine when jetted closer to the edge runs way more consistant, makes boost sooner and pulls harder all around

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
it is running fat

That would make sense. If you don't have a boost leak or cracked pipe, it isn't burning all the fuel to make exhaust volume to spin the turbine. If you play with the throttle and find a spot it will cleanup and make boost, its jetting.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
so far so good, 600 miles on them after today, i thought for a while today they were starting to go, but then found after i turned the boost to 10 that i was blowing past the donut flange, went back to 7 and it ran fine again

Feb 28, 2009
I realized the problem to be that the air box on the bottom blew off the throttle body. reeds weren't bad but I put new ones in anyway

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
Boost

Always keep inner tube handy to clamp over exhaust and the peice with valve stem to clamp over turbo, air hose with regulator set at ten pound and turn air on .Best way to check system for leaks.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
exsplain that again for me please, i am missing something how your doing that, i need to check mine,,, thanks

Always keep inner tube handy to clamp over exhaust and the peice with valve stem to clamp over turbo, air hose with regulator set at ten pound and turn air on .Best way to check system for leaks.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
cut valve stem with piece of rubber off of inner tube and clamp the rubber over turbo intake. and clamp a piece over the exhaust and pressure up the system to see if it leaks.

basically makeshift plugs/ caps, you could use fernco caps with valve stems in them to check

Last edited:
Premium Features