• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not a proclimb but a 1100turbo in the mountains

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
That guy needs to learn how to ride I think!

Those 1100's sound very utility, like a tractor. I personally think they sound better when they are muffled somewhat.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Thats a Z1 The proclimb sounds way better than that

Last edited:
K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
Post a clip and guys complain. Really starting to get old. I wouldn't care but I pay $$ to read garbage.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Post a clip and guys complain. Really starting to get old. I wouldn't care but I pay $$ to read garbage.

hmmm..not sure but I think what you should be mad about is you are getting crap for what you paid for....not that we say the crap is crap....:nod:

I keep thinking about paying....and then...well, the pc forum keeps assuring me in many ways that I don't need to pay. :face-icon-small-win

Krunchy, if it makes you feel better, I would be mad too...:wave:

sam

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
completely different engine designs.................very different sounds. Do you buy a sled because of the way it sounds??

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Sounds like a big bore Phazer, which makes sense as it's also an inline twin. The new 1100Ts look like Ferraris but sound like tractors.The Yammy triples and fours sound much nicer, especially boosted. Would be interesting to see what that engine weighs as opposed to the Nytro mill.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That my friends is what a 5 year 2 stroke turbo guy sounds like learning how different it is to ride a 4 stroke. :face-icon-small-win

Having been on a TApex for 4 years I know what it is like, very different how you have to carry speed because of the weight and keep the turbo spooled. I was there that day and it was a great day to be testing with 2-3' of fresh.

That is a ZR1 EXT with a 162 skid and a Highjacker box. 280 kit but at elevation it wasn't big enough and was around 16-17lbs. After that trip it got the 2860 and boost was a non issue.

We call it "The Tractor" cause it sounds like one. No it doesn't sound like an TApex but as someone else said "You don't buy a sled on how it sounds". That is a straight pipe, no muffler. The demos sounded okay just not angry like Yami's do. The sound doesn't do it justice on how well it's actually working. It's weird.

If it was about sound and not how great the new chassis rides and the motor potential I wouldn't be selling the Yama and snow checking a 1100T. The demo ride was the final straw.:nod:

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
That my friends is what a 5 year 2 stroke turbo guy sounds like learning how different it is to ride a 4 stroke. :face-icon-small-win

Having been on a TApex for 4 years I know what it is like, very different how you have to carry speed because of the weight and keep the turbo spooled. I was there that day and it was a great day to be testing with 2-3' of fresh.

That is a ZR1 EXT with a 162 skid and a Highjacker box. 280 kit but at elevation it wasn't big enough and was around 16-17lbs. After that trip it got the 2860 and boost was a non issue.

We call it "The Tractor" cause it sounds like one. No it doesn't sound like an TApex but as someone else said "You don't buy a sled on how it sounds". That is a straight pipe, no muffler. The demos sounded okay just not angry like Yami's do. The sound doesn't do it justice on how well it's actually working. It's weird.

If it was about sound and not how great the new chassis rides and the motor potential I wouldn't be selling the Yama and snow checking a 1100T. The demo ride was the final straw.:nod:

I've been on a S/C Apex MTX the last 3 years. I finally got back into a 2 stroke because I was getting so fatigued after riding 3 to 4 hard days straight in the mountains. Is the 2012 M1100T a lot easier to ride? Can you give us some comparisons between an Apex and the Cat 1100? Thanks

Premium Features