• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T Video!! (With a little GOOF at the end, for you Jeff C)

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
I couldn't make it out, but did the guy on the M8 spill his coffee at the end of the clip? Having grown up back EAST in SE MN, I can honestly say that was a good day of high marking caught on tape. Makes a lot of sense doing demo rides in what looks like parking lot terrain. Hope cat gave more thought to the actual design of this sled then they have on their demo program.

S
take this sled to the steep and deep, then strect its 600lbs

take this sled to the steep and deep, then strech its 600lbs

Last edited by fredw; 03-23-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling thanks

Double-facepalm.jpg

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I couldn't make it out, but did the guy on the M8 spill his coffee at the end of the clip? Having grown up back EAST in SE MN, I can honestly say that was a good day of high marking caught on tape. Makes a lot of sense doing demo rides in what looks like parking lot terrain. Hope cat gave more thought to the actual design of this sled then they have on their demo program.

It wasn't an actual demo........

A friends son is an engineer at Cat and he got us on one for a few hours to try........

An engineering test mule............

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
It wasn't an actual demo........

A friends son is an engineer at Cat and he got us on one for a few hours to try........

An engineering test mule............

You're friend's son should be fired along with the entire Cat Marketing Dept... We need a poll for the worst new model intro ever...nevermind, we already know the winner... Thumper's Mom says we're not supposed to say anything if we can't say something nice - but dang!

Hello Cat...we just wanna ride the dang thing!:nod:

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Saying that the engineer from Cat that we were with last weekend should be fired is absolutely outrageous!!! In fact, because of that little ride last weekend, Cat sold 3 turbos and an M800. So out of the 6 or so guys that were there, I'd say he did quite well "selling" the new model. I was thinking more along the lines of a promotion, but what do I know....

Joe

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
The engineer should have just loaded the sled on a trailer and headed west. If he could sell that many mountain sleds in Mn think what a demo ride would do in the west. Not the engineers fault but Cat needs to clean house in the marketing department and upper management needs to go. Not having demos just may be the single worst decision that they have ever made. Cat doesn't think they can afford to do demos. I dont think they can afford not to do demos.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
The engineer should have just loaded the sled on a trailer and headed west. If he could sell that many mountain sleds in Mn think what a demo ride would do in the west. Not the engineers fault but Cat needs to clean house in the marketing department and upper management needs to go. Not having demos just may be the single worst decision that they have ever made. Cat doesn't think they can afford to do demos. I dont think they can afford not to do demos.

Nope, the decision to build the 99 PS (powder special or pile of sh!t, take your pick) 700 was much worse. Wait a minute, they didn't do a demo ride that year either. Hmm. Still quite butt hurt about that 99 purchase.

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
Saying that the engineer from Cat that we were with last weekend should be fired is absolutely outrageous!!! In fact, because of that little ride last weekend, Cat sold 3 turbos and an M800. So out of the 6 or so guys that were there, I'd say he did quite well "selling" the new model. I was thinking more along the lines of a promotion, but what do I know....

Joe

I think it may be absolutely appropriate that 3 doods from Flatville, Mintonka bought those sleds based on it's ability to wheelie on the flats... 3...Ha, Ha, Ha! They coulda sold 3000 if they brought a well sorted superior product out west for demo rides...

It's not too late - we'll be riding well into May... Bring those sleds out here and let some normal folks ride them Cats!:face-icon-small-hap

PS - sorry your snow s ucks.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I think it may be absolutely appropriate that 3 doods from Flatville, Mintonka bought those sleds based on it's ability to wheelie on the flats... 3...Ha, Ha, Ha! They coulda sold 3000 if they brought a well sorted superior product out west for demo rides...

It's not too late - we'll be riding well into May... Bring those sleds out here and let some normal folks ride them Cats!:face-icon-small-hap

PS - sorry your snow s ucks.

HAve you been a doooooosh all your life, or just recently found the Summers Eve bottle?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
HAve you been a doooooosh all your life, or just recently found the Summers Eve bottle?

haha, Well if you don't wanna buy one based upon the minnesota guys opinions, well don't then. For me I am a Minnesota guy and I think that the opinion of one Older guy(owen) is enough for me. These guys have ridden out west.

I would like to know how many guys from out west would even dream of buying a $13000 sled, if they lived 1000 miles from the mountains. How many of these guys would make a 2000 mile round trip a couple to a few times a year. I think that is the question. Not to mention, when I guy from mn drives that distance it is vastly important to have a sled that works.

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
Sorry for the MN mountain joke...didn't mean to hit a nerve. My beef is with Cat management - product development, testing, marketing, product launch - all must be coordinated to hit the mark each and EVERY Feb. Time waits for no man...Feb is on the calendar every year...same Bat time, same Bat channel. They are obviously not worried about selling a few more mountain sleds this year - in the grand scheme it represents a small corner of the total sled market anyway. I'm sure it will be a great sled that will make the fine people of the Great State of Minnesota proud.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
It's better MN than Japan or Quebec....

The engineering sled we got to ride spent a lot of it's time in IP and Colorado. Last year and this year. The engineer couldn't let anyone see it before March 8 th. It's not a pretty sled, it's not a sled the magazine should photo shoot. They had to get out of there and get back to the factory. Right after all of you got to see the new sleds. We were allowed to ride this one. I wish we could have had it out West, but I for one am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. It did a couple of things. It sold sleds and it put posts on this forum. Yes, it would be nice to see everyone test ride the new Cats. The assembly line is not set up for the '12s. The parts supply is not set up. Any demo rides would have to be hand built sleds. To hand build enough for us all to ride is a tough order. Also very expensive. The other thing is a hand built sled is not a good representation of just exactly what will be run though the line. You can't change much after you show it, weigh it etc. even if it's for the buyer's good.

Owen

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
haha, Well if you don't wanna buy one based upon the minnesota guys opinions, well don't then. For me I am a Minnesota guy and I think that the opinion of one Older guy(owen) is enough for me. These guys have ridden out west.

I would like to know how many guys from out west would even dream of buying a $13000 sled, if they lived 1000 miles from the mountains. How many of these guys would make a 2000 mile round trip a couple to a few times a year. I think that is the question. Not to mention, when I guy from mn drives that distance it is vastly important to have a sled that works.

I wouldn't. I'd fly to where I wanted to go and rent a mountain sled. What's the point of owning a mountain sled if I can only use it in mountains twice a year. I'd buy a crossfire if I lived out there. Sure hope I never do live in the east but that's what'd I'd do.

I think IM going to go buy a surfboard cause I go to the ocean twice a year.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
If the only riding you do in MN is off trail, and yes there can be some deep snow, why buy a crossover?? I don't trail ride. I used to every now and then but I don't anymore. Plus, if you make two or three trips a year out West, the cost of renting a sled and buying a new one is a wash. Buy a new M800 for $11,000 this year, ride three times out west, sell for $8000. It's $3000 no matter how you slice it.

BTW... There are some very good riders from minnesota. In fact, there are a few in our group that could hang with any of the "top guys" that live out in the mountains on this forum.

I hate to start anything there but its like some people on here think that if you don't live in the mountains there is no possible way you know how to ride AND there is no possible way you can possibly know anything about how to judge a good snowmobile.

Anyway, these new Cats are going to be great sleds. I feel really sorry for those of you that know how to ride in the mountains that haven't gotten to ride the new Cats. Oh wait.. no I don't.

Joe

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
mountain sled is the only way to go no matter where you are. i find its always nice to have the bigger track when you need it. i too have no trails or lake ice. power claw track has gone thru tough conditions and has held up well in 2000 miles. still no ripped or shot lugs. original sliders yet.

Premium Features