• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How come no 153" M1100Turbos

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
---Just a theory, but with the added weight and HP of a boosted 4-banger, you may actually want the extra track length.

Jan 6, 2011
That could be. I just noticed that the base modle dose have a 153" track but what about those of use that want a SNO PRO or a HCR 153"

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
---Just a theory, but with the added weight and HP of a boosted 4-banger, you may actually want the extra track length.

They're turbo twin 4 stroke, 1100cc's have the 98mm x 70mm cylinders, while the 800's have 85mm cylinders. Just so no one gets confused thinking they're four cylinders. I'm not trying to pick, just thought i'd clear that up, unless by banger you mean 4-stroke then disregard this message, when i hear 4 banger i think of little 4 cylinder rice burners.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I was pondering the same. If Cat had a HCR/SP in 153 1100T I'd have a really tough time picking which I'm after. However, since they only have it in the STD model with the STD steering I'm not interested. I don't want that weight with that steering package.
I will however ride the M800 with the STD steering. Hopefully feels like a XP. However...not with that much weight up front....I know that'll be a bad decision for myself. It'll be like everyone's dreaded '08 XP's and the heavy steering I keep hearing about but never got a chance to ride..........oops, I did once....5 minutes later it was set-up and fixed and no more heavy steering.......doubt the 4s Cat will be as easy to fix.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I was pondering the same. If Cat had a HCR/SP in 153 1100T I'd have a really tough time picking which I'm after. However, since they only have it in the STD model with the STD steering I'm not interested. I don't want that weight with that steering package.
I will however ride the M800 with the STD steering. Hopefully feels like a XP. However...not with that much weight up front....I know that'll be a bad decision for myself. It'll be like everyone's dreaded '08 XP's and the heavy steering I keep hearing about but never got a chance to ride..........oops, I did once....5 minutes later it was set-up and fixed and no more heavy steering.......doubt the 4s Cat will be as easy to fix.

they say steering can be converted either way

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Hopefully true. My bro said that they were working on a kit. But as of now the airbox/plenum is taking up that area and he doesn't see a way of making it work unless they re-design the intake. If it's true I may be trading in sooner than I was thinking!

Premium Features