• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

electric starter

repairboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2007
Lincoln,NE
Hey summit gurus, had a gentleman ask about putting electric start on 03 800 summit, your gonna laugh (bought to pull kids on sled at his farm here in Nebraska ), did they ever offer elec start on that model or what can i adapt parts from to install on this sled, wants his kids to be able to start it.
Thanks for all input

D
Sep 29, 2008
Highlands Ranch, CO
I looked into this at the dealer for my 02 Summit 800. They told me the kit I need is P/N 561506900 and it retails for about $550. Comes with everything you'll need including, starter, wiring, battery and the gear that bolts onto the clutch.

If you hear of any used ones, let me know. I'd like to put one on the GF's sled.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
A starter off of any SerIII ZX should all be the same. (Maybe even a Rev starter? I don't know on that. ???)

You also need Batt box, Key switch, a DC compatable Voltage Reg/invertor, and wire harness to reach the keyswitch.

Find a used kit somewhere!

Also - for kids in Nebraska you may be able to git away with a cheap motorcycle batt (Yuassa) but if you are gunna see -20 or less temps - buy some good batt! The one start of the day that you really want it - and it says "Are you kid'n? :eek: " :rolleyes:

Premium Features