• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Snowboard Rack?

L
Feb 15, 2016
Did anyone else follow Polaris on Snapchat during the 2017 announcement? They showed a blue and maybe yellow wrapped sled with a snowboard rack. I vaguely recall backcountry edition being associated with that particular model but am not positive and foolishly didn't screenshot. Does anybody happen to know if it is an OEM rack or have photo? Really like doo's linq rack and would love something similar. I called customer service and they said they have no info on 2017 models.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Did anyone else follow Polaris on Snapchat during the 2017 announcement? They showed a blue and maybe yellow wrapped sled with a snowboard rack. I vaguely recall backcountry edition being associated with that particular model but am not positive and foolishly didn't screenshot. Does anybody happen to know if it is an OEM rack or have photo? Really like doo's linq rack and would love something similar. I called customer service and they said they have no info on 2017 models.

I noticed the rack during a snowcheck options add. Do a mock run through and it should be there.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
It's at the end of selections under

ADD MORE OPTIONS WITH BUILD & QUOTE (INSTALLED AT DEALER)

It's on the second page of storage

download.jpg

Last edited:

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota

Is the sled at 3:14 the one you are talking about?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Just about every back country skier/snowboard I know that has used a sled as a transport, has left skiing/snowboarding and gone to sleds. I'm sure Polaris sees that (or is just copying Ski-Doo when they saw it).

L
Feb 15, 2016
Interesting. Thanks for those pictures! Kind of a bummer they aren't Lock & Ride but I guess 1 nut on each rack isn't too bad. Hardware on the tunnel seems like it will stay out of the way just fine too. Will probably need to pick this up and modify the straps to work with pow surfers. Looking like the best ski rack solution for our sleds.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
We had one on one of our test sleds and carried a snowboard on it. We even got a guy to try the board out for some filming. It works great for both boards and skis. The rack itself wasn't too in the way, but put skis or board on it and they got in the way, but not much to do about that I suppose.

sled_guy

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I've been running snowboard racks on my sled for 8 years now, so here's some real user feedback. And yes, I continued to snowboard even after I got a sled. :face-icon-small-ton

I would avoid any first year factory rack, ski-doo blew it on their first few incarnations, even with the support of major snowboard manufacturer Burton. I can't see Polaris getting it right either. CFR still has the best design in my opinion. CFR goes right in the factory slides, very easy to put on. The iRack or DRack has plenty of room for tunnel bag, extra gear, with room to spare for gas can too. Also check out Mo Pros though I saw a pretty good demo with their setup at the Puyallup sled show last year. Looked real solid.

http://cheetahfactoryracing.com/
http://www.mo-pros.com/

You will definitely want to brace the Polaris tunnel. I bent the tunnel on my 13' riding whoops with board in rack. Check this thread over in the sled shredding forum:
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407372

As for board being in the way, if you flip it bindings inside in (facing into the middle of the tunnel), tail forward with back binding in front of forward slot on the rack it's pretty out the way. I ride all day with board in the rack, jumping side to side without catching my board. Works great, I rarely notice it's even there till I get really stuck and it's my way digging the tunnel out.

WP_20160312_15_21_13_Rich_zpstes8qpnq.jpg

Here's latest vid of us sled shredding, you can check some of sled footage with boards in CFR racks:

M
Feb 8, 2016
Thanks for the reply above.

We would like to offer a clarification on a couple points regarding our products.

1) When running a Mo Pros rack on any sled, you DO NOT need tunnel stiffeners.
- We have never had issues with tunnels and continue to have a long standing trouble free experience for all our customers.
- The racks design is so stiff it actually supports and reinforces the tunnel when mounted.

2) Utilization of track and other mounting options like LINQ are all pre-drilled in the racks for easiest installation
- Seriously, assembly is like Legos for adults and super fast.

3) Since we have a long standing trouble free product (8 years) we offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY with no questions asked.
- We have yet to process a warranty claim or return in those 8 years but offer a strong warranty and stand behind our product 100%

Let us know if you have any additional questions, one of our techs will be glad to assist you with any topic. 877-2Mo-Pros

Otherwise if you'd like to see the product in action, have a peak at the following link: www.mo-pros.com/video

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Old thread but just wanted to chime in with my $0.02

1) I agree that tunnel braces are a great idea for any rack system if you want to pound with your sticks hanging off the back. This isn't something you need on the Doo side of things, but a great idea for longer track Polaris sleds.

2) MoPros makes a great product, but its something I do not like day to day. The CFR system I've left on regardless of if I'm skiing or not. Its stealthy like that, and allows me to carry a fair amount of stuff off my back.

In my 5 years of doing this stuff, CFR racks are the only product I'm yet to break, they go sled to sled without issue. Pretty cool stuff.

Premium Features