• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 M8000 Sno Pro Sidekick Turbo upgrades?

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Ended up scooping up a 2015 M8000 with sidekick turbo at haydays. Sled only has 700 miles, and turbo was added at 515. Overall the sled is pretty clean minus the graphics being a little beat up but plastics are in good condition.

The sled does have one issue that I noticed when I made the purchase, the Aluminum oil tank is being held on by zipties. All but one tab has broken off, I have contacted Boondocker and they currently do not make this style of oil tank and dont plan on making anymore. With that being said does anyone know of any aftermarket companies who make an oil tank that would work with the tunnel dump exhaust?

Anyways I have been doing alot of research and think I have a decent understanding of what are the must upgrades/updates but thinking out loud I just wanted to make sure I had my priorities straight.

Current Upgrades/Updates:

- Boondocker Sidekick
- 16 Front End
- Powder Pro's
- Skinz airframe boards
- Fresh clutches
- Tether
- Aftermarket Front Bumper
- Fix/Replace oil tank

Planned Upgrades:

- Fixed steering post (will this be possible with the aluminum intake?)
- CFR Bars (6'4 so bars are a tad short)
- Aftermarket rear bumper
- AFR gauge (maybe just have display reflashed)
- Watertemp gauge (maybe just have display reflashed)
- Steel gears in chaincase
- Headlight delete? With the aluminum intake box underneath gauge cluster would I be able to delete the headlight?

Any other must do's? I am hoping to put quite a few hours on this winter both in the UP and the Rockies.

An edit the previous owner put together from this past winter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc9grNwYjbw

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
looks like nice sled. have you considered oil delete? if you wanted to throw some coin I think it would be sweet with a belt drive, oil delete, and lightweight jackshaft from BDX. you'd drop a lot of weight over the steel gears and headlight delete route.

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
looks like nice sled. have you considered oil delete? if you wanted to throw some coin I think it would be sweet with a belt drive, oil delete, and lightweight jackshaft from BDX. you'd drop a lot of weight over the steel gears and headlight delete route.

I have considered the belt drive but I worry because this sled will also be ridden in the UP. I understand the advantages of the belt drive but I worry the belts wouldnt be able to stand jumping onto hard pack where the chain is much stronger and more durable. The jackshaft is not a bad idea, if I can find one second hand I would be all over that.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
so are we talking the tank for the 2s oil or does the kit have motor oil tank for the turbo?

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
I just picked up a sidekick turbo for my 16 but from what I understand they are not designed to run below 4,000 ft. have you talked to BD to see what is needed to run low elevation?

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
I just picked up a sidekick turbo for my 16 but from what I understand they are not designed to run below 4,000 ft. have you talked to BD to see what is needed to run low elevation?

I spoke with Jared at Haydays and he said to mix a couple gallons of 100A/V fuel with 91, and carry a couple gallons of A/V with me if it were to start detonating. I figure worst case I will just run 50/50 91/110. He also said that I may need to add 2-4 grams of weight to the tips. I spoke with the previous owner and he said he never had any problems running the sled at 900ft and he wasnt running any mix just straight 91. I did do the borescope and took the Ypipe off and pistons look good yet. However, I do plan on calling Jared again and re-confirming what we talked about at haydays before my first ride.

I will have to look into the BDX tank as that could be a viable alternative as long as it sits higher up on the chaincase.

Premium Features