• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 154 skid to put in an Apex

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I want to long track my 2013 apex. Is there anything wrong with an 08 xp skid vs newer ? Any major changes other than tmotion?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Pence, WI
I want to long track my 2013 apex. Is there anything wrong with an 08 xp skid vs newer ? Any major changes other than tmotion?

I've only been riding SKIDOOS since 2012. Prior to that I rode POLARIS for 40 years. Since I have had the SKIDOOS I have found that their suspensions are considerablby more complex with parts than what POLARIS was. I had an 08 155 700 RMK and the amount of parts where quite less than what I've seen on my SKIDOOs. Relatively easy to remove Polaris skid or replace springs and shocks.
For deep snow riding can't make any comments about riding comfort or performance comparison. You might comare parts lists between those.

Just a thought.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Skidoo skid

In thouse years I think they where vary close to being compatible. If it was me I would get some stiffer rear springs rail stiffeners. Maybe add a couple anti stab wheel kits in the skid for better roll and more strength it helps the hyperfax live longer. That skid was made for a snowmobile that weighs about 450lbs not 650lbs keep that in mind and have fun.

Premium Features