• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ETEC AE Fueling

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So I have a couple theories that I have held on to since Silber came out with the etec kit years back for the 800. ! was that he touted that he had a way to pull fuel from the etec. This was being done through the dobeck box with what he called a voltage clamp. It was supposed to limit somehow the TPS voltage. Long story short is that it was fussy and didn't work without a dealer connection to reset the TPS then even still many didn't get it to work. The next year it was gone from his control box.

So I took this knowledge and asked the EE's at work about building me a adjustable voltage clamp. I explained what I desired and they told me they wouldn't call what I wanted a voltage clamp.

So they built me what I would call a smoother circuit. It takes the signal from the TPS and transforms it during throttle stabs from what looks like a cliff on the scope to a rolling hill with the same elevation.

I have yet to try this as I hate trying to work with the dealer to set things like the TPS just to try it. Since I didn't buy my sled from the dealer I don't feel they owe me much.

So attached is what the scope looked like. Imagine that this is a very short time. So what I believe it will do is fool the computer into thinking the throttle is being opened slower. If the throttle is actually being opened slower the line will run 1:1 with actual position. It is only on throttle chopping open that it will "lag" the signal to the EMM.

On closing the throttle it is also 1:1 no matter the speed of the chop.

Anyone ever dream of this or try this? Right now it is adjustable with a pot switch but I would likely set it at an give resistance once the sweet spot was found. A couple things I am not sure of is what the ECU does with the TPS information and if it would affect timing to much or even throw the ecu into a fault do to throttle position being off from the increase of rpms. My assumption is that the change I am planning to make is small enough it wouldn't fault. But would lower the acceleration Enrichment.

http://s115.photobucket.com/user/mnflats/media/20180116_141012_zpstoq0f1zy.jpg.html

Attachments

• 20180116_141026.jpg
    20180116_141026.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 48

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I like where you are headed. I was working at dobeck at the time and rode the TPS clamped turbo etec sleds and it worked really well. The function of it was basically when the TPS exceeded a certain rate of change(throttle stab) it limited the output voltage then faded out. It had a little more logic to it then what you are describing but should work REALLY similar.

Some of the best running etec stuff I ever rode (still had goofy powervalve issues, but overall worked well)

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I like where you are headed. I was working at dobeck at the time and rode the TPS clamped turbo etec sleds and it worked really well. The function of it was basically when the TPS exceeded a certain rate of change(throttle stab) it limited the output voltage then faded out. It had a little more logic to it then what you are describing but should work REALLY similar.

Some of the best running etec stuff I ever rode (still had goofy powervalve issues, but overall worked well)

Can't do much about the power valves. . . Without getting to crazy.

From your experience with the ETEC fueling do you think the AE enrichiment would be limited to enough of an amount to clean up the bottom?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Love to try something like this on my Impulse, my initial throttle stab is causing a ulgy hesitation, but anything after that is clean, need a way to drop fuel at low rpm some way, or find a way to make bigger airbox...

Even finding a way to add some injector resistance off the start, bring them on slower could work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Love to try something like this on my Impulse, my initial throttle stab is causing a ulgy hesitation, but anything after that is clean, need a way to drop fuel at low rpm some way, or find a way to make bigger airbox...

Even finding a way to add some injector resistance off the start, bring them on slower could work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to Dave about this and he seemed to think adding resistance to the injectors was possible. But I am not sure it is that easy. Etec injectors are 55 volt and from what I understand the way they are driven is not your normal pos/neg.

That being said what I have I believe could be designed to accept a signal that it would only change the curve with no boost.

I will have to try this now.

Does anyone know where I can get some more male/female connectors for the TPS. I only have one set that I cut from a silber harness. I need more as we have two sleds to try it on.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I talked to Dave about this and he seemed to think adding resistance to the injectors was possible. But I am not sure it is that easy. Etec injectors are 55 volt and from what I understand the way they are driven is not your normal pos/neg.

That being said what I have I believe could be designed to accept a signal that it would only change the curve with no boost.

I will have to try this now.

Does anyone know where I can get some more male/female connectors for the TPS. I only have one set that I cut from a silber harness. I need more as we have two sleds to try it on.
I have a spare Silber harness that I could mail to u if u are interested. Only thing I want in return is if u get it working I would like to try it out. Shoot me a pm if u want it.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Sounds like Dave found a way to reduce fuel, he says it works on his kits and will work with others as well to get rid of the gurgle.. One will need to add fuel down low on fuel program since this mod will remove a fair amount and a/f is real lean down there from stock

Be getting this real soon to the impulse.. Good job redline

Premium Features