• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

unexpected ride on 1100t and....

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
so a good buddy and i went to ride a not too frequented spot in wyo, and while unloading in the small parking lot, a plain, white, 4-place enclosed trailer pulls in behind us and unloads two 1100t's, one hcr and a sno-pro...so we're talking to the guys, turns out they're cat r&d doing some kind of data runs (they had a laptop that hooked into the sled)...they had two other m-8's from last year and 4 guys....we asked if we could tag along, thinking might as well try, they looked at us like we were crazy, but then the head guy says ok....so we head up the hill that turns into a pretty good climb in some fairly deep snow (2' or so)...the guys were pretty good riders and could really make those turbos rock, i mean in the trees and everything...they stopped fairly often and plugged in the laptop and reviewed whatever data they were looking at, and then continued on for about an hour...we stopped again and the one guy says to the other, well that's about all i need, let's go back...i jumped in and asked if i could ride one of the turbos back...guy says sure, just be carefull...let me tell you, the thing runs STRONG, and i was surprised i could handle the weight half decent (i'm 190 lbs, 6')....it was an awsome ride back, good snow, trees, a couple of good uphill pulls, and once we hit the road, the speed just waters your eyes...also has the best ride of any cat i've been on....well, we got back to the trailers and offered to buy the guys dinner a the bar/resturant in town, but they said no, they had a long drive ahead of them..so my buddy and i went in for dinner and drinks....it was during the week, and the place was pretty dead...just a cook in the back and the bar waitress, wyo average, blonde, kinda, but nice bazooms...shortly after we ate, waitress stopped and said this was last call for drinks 'cause they were going to close early, no one else there...she brought the drinks, and sat down for a minute...she asked if we were staying across the street at the motel and we said yeah...she said she lived just down the street..i noticed that she had put her hand on my knee under the table, and gave an almost imperceptable nod towards the door...at that point my buddy says he's going to hit the rack early 'cause of the long ride we had the next day, and leaves (i guess he noticed the nod, good buddy)...the blonde does a little clean up for a few minutes, then gets her coat and heads for the door...i get up and fall headfirst into a dining table and knock myself out..when i come to i'm laying next to my bed at home...it was all a dream, and probably as close as i'm coming to a turbo cat ride...sorry for the long post, but i'm going to try to go back to sleep and see if i can still hookup with the blonde...:face-icon-small-hap

M

M-niner

Nov 27, 2007
Black Hills, SD
You had me until you said the Cat R&D guys were good riders. 2 years ago up on Grand Mesa, I lost a game of chicken on the trail with a Cat R&D dude. Had to tap-out and take the rhubarb. Nothing funnier/scarier than seeing a Japanese dude coming straight at you in a half-face helmet staring down at his laptop. They were good ****s though and let us use the welder at their super-secret trailer to mend up my brothers sled.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
:D
Damn Lynn you made me read all that and then sprung the punch line??????:face-icon-small-ton

About as close to the 1100T as I will be able to get too.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Best post in a while. Well done!!!!

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro-262x300.jpg
:D:D:D
(it actually was though!)

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
HAHA thats funny. SOOO did ya get back to sleep? Was it good or did your dream take a turn into a nightmare and the blond turned into a xp you were riding? lol

Premium Features