• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100 turbo clutching question

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Actually this thread has got way off topic. to the fact that every ones an expert when we are online and not face to face.i see this in alot of forums and people get all worked up and such. Im just trying to point out simple facts. With that said i know and understand that this sled will run at sea level and up to 10,000 feet but will it run the same? I would like to see that first hand. If they have an electronic actuator for the wastgate to control boost at different elevations then this sled should in theory perform great at high elevations. And for hatchers your just making a fool out of your self. stop the bashing thats not what these threads are for. I got a scholarship to Wyoming Technical Institute, Graduated with a diesel degree and a buisiness management degree. Been working for Caterpillar for 3 years now we had classes that focused weeks and weeks on nothing but turbo chargers and were tested very hard on there performance and design. As for you saying that me being a caterpillar mechanic has nothing over you being a Ford mechanic that doesnt say much..... Ford has one engine that is turbo charged, nearly every engine that cat makes is boosted i can go on and on here but its really not worth my time:wave:

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
I ran the same clutching from Minnesota to Cooke on my Apex, There was slight changes to be made as far as cranking up the boost but It worked great both places.......... You never will have the bet of Both worlds but I think this is the best you will find for a stock sled

Thanks, that is all I wanted to know, Cat claims the boost will adjust automatically and keep HP the same up to 10,000 feet.

I have run a bunch of Summits in Michigan and Colorado with just running clickers on #1 vs #4or5. It may not be spot on clutching, but works pretty good.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I dont see why it would not be close if it self compensating. Im running 87 grams here in Northern BC from seal level to 5500 ft. I like to maintain 10700 rpm and depending on air temp and humidity i may have to turn the boost up or down a few pounds to maintain that rpm. Revy has much different air and altitude and same deal. I dont touch clutching just adjust with boost and my fuel box and it runs spot on.. So with this 1100 i can see it doing the same thing and a lot more advanced. It may run as low as 9 psi with good air and low altitude and all the way up to 13psi with changes in atmospheric pressure to maintain proper air fuel and rpm.

M
Feb 27, 2010
They have to be running an ebc or something similar. No way are they going to kick out a factory turbo and allow you to adjust your own fuel settings and still have a warranty department.
it is setup to keep the same boost its just not adjustable to the rider.this sled is going to be so fun to play with.the phone at work hasn't stopped ringing .most people are wanting the 1100t.i can't wait to get the first truck load...

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
clutching

i have a m8 turbo and can run the same clutching at sea level and at 10000 feet with no changes and no problems, i am shore i can get alittle more out of the sled by changing the clutching but it pulls just as hard at 10000 feet so why spend the time and money for mybe a little more .

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
I dont see why it would not be close if it self compensating. Im running 87 grams here in Northern BC from seal level to 5500 ft. I like to maintain 10700 rpm and depending on air temp and humidity i may have to turn the boost up or down a few pounds to maintain that rpm. Revy has much different air and altitude and same deal. I dont touch clutching just adjust with boost and my fuel box and it runs spot on.. So with this 1100 i can see it doing the same thing and a lot more advanced. It may run as low as 9 psi with good air and low altitude and all the way up to 13psi with changes in atmospheric pressure to maintain proper air fuel and rpm.
So I probably don't need to keep my cutler adjustables? I kind of said I would sell them with the sled.

Premium Features