• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST: Updated Chatbox

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For the last several nights in a row when our member load got up over 2,000 online, we have had major server issues.

While trying to chase it down last night we discovered that the Chat Box module we were using was partially responsible for the errors, so we removed it.

As I write this we are installed an updated module that should not cause any conflicts and has a few new features.

As before you WILL be able to DISABLE it or MOVE it to a different location on your page.

We hope to have this online very shortly now.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
How do I remove it

How do I remove it or shrink it up? I really dislike this. I am a trackballer and use the scroll all the time and it gets stuck in this.

But thank you for upgrading to something that will hopefully be better and easier on the servers.

I sent you a PM on Monday about some other issues, but never heard back.

Since I use my work computer and several home computers that are used by others, I do not use the Remember Me. It seems like my connection only lasts about an hour. Can you make this longer?

When you logout, you used to get a box that said "Are you sure you want to Logout", now the box just says "undefined" with an OK button.

Thanx so much

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
You can move it to the bottom, or remove it completely by going to "UserCP" in the left side of the black navigation bar, then "Forum Options". The chatbox configuration is at the bottom of the screen.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
It was nice when you could shrink it up or expand it.

BTW, what happened this morning? Slow was an understatement.

Premium Features